The Operations Manager is expected to be a key staff position throughout all solution deployment, certification, operational, and maintenance activities.
- A minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated experience in project management for a State Medicaid Agency with operations similar to PRMP, a large healthcare management organization of a similar size, or an organization of comparable size implementing IT projects
- A minimum of three (3) years of demonstrated experience in project management for implementation of information systems
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree or a minimum of four (4) years related experience
- Certification in Project Management, preferably from the Project Management Institute (PMI®)
- Knowledge of Project Management standards and best practices, including the PMBOK®
- If not located in PR, must travel 75% of the time to be onsite. Would prefer someone to relocate.
- Must be bilingual
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supports project activities to ensure a smooth transition from implementation to the maintenance and operations phase of the contract
- Manages and oversees the overall solution operations
- Ensures timely and effective execution of all project maintenance activities
- Oversees, supports, and monitors day-to-day activities involving the ongoing maintenance of the solution
- Supports timely delivery of assigned project deliverables
- Ensures understanding and agreement between stakeholders and the contractor
- Manages ongoing risks and issues of the project
- Provide day to day contracted services to external clients. Contracted services may include technical or non-technical customer support, transaction processing and sales & marketing services.
- Provides leadership to managers and senior professional staff.
- Adapts and executes functional or departmental business plans and may contribute to the development of strategy.
- Decisions are guided by resource availability and functional objectives.
- Requires comprehensive understanding of concepts and principles within own discipline and knowledge of others.
- Participates in the definition of the business strategy along with the clients and the upper managers.
- Drives the overall business unit performance to meet SLAs, adhere to business unit metrics and accomplish account performance.
- Leads innovation and efficiencies of business opportunities, applying processes improvements and/or new systems.
- Drives the management of the employee teams through coaching and developing, addressing people matters, identifying development needs.
- Identifies and resolves complex technical, operational and organizational problems.
- Manages multiple related teams, sets priorities and allocates resources.
- Proactively manages resources (budget/ human/time) to meet department goals.
- Manages the client relationship ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Generates reports on performance measurement and KPIs in order to facilitate business decisions.
- Responsible for business unit compliance with organizational policies and local regulations.
- Responsible for the successful implementation and execution of the business continuity plan (BCP).
- Applies in-depth understanding of how own discipline integrates with related areas.
- Performs other duties as assigned and complies with all policies and standards.