SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care. This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America’s leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Location: Any of the following states: IN, OH, GA, VA, CA, NV, MO, KY, CT, NH, ME, WI, NY. The selected candidate must reside within a commutable distance to an Anthem office in any of the above-mentioned states.
The Proposal Research Consultant is responsible for managing subject matter content in the proposal library and related data sources to be used for completing Request for Proposals to accurately present the organization’s capabilities to potential clients. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as content expert and key knowledge source for proposal development.
- Manages the accuracy of library database entries including researching answers and establishing information pipelines with key subject matter experts (SMEs).
- Disseminates information to the proposal writing staff.
- Proofreads, edits, and standardizes proposal text. Edits proposal responses for structure, completeness, accuracy, organizational consistency, and appropriateness of content.
- Researches company websites and other internal and external resources to identify new organizational products and initiatives and engages appropriate SMEs for further information.
- Improves the efficiency of all aspects of the proposal library process, including proposal submissions, content matter, content verifications, and audits.
- Provides guidance and training to proposal associates regarding how to effectively search, filter and navigate the database and use the tool, as well as improve the style and quality of proposal responses via new messaging or sales stories.
Minimum Requirements: Requires a BA/BS degree in a related field or business area and a minimum of 4 years of related experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Qualifications: Prior healthcare industry experience strongly preferred. Strong technical and custom writing skills, as well as grammatical and editing skills; this includes the ability to write about different brands or products in a unified voice and effectively translate verbiage from SMEs into compelling prose is strongly preferred.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.