- Mathematica • Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Position Description*:
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding using data science and analytics. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength. Learn more about our benefits here: ~~~.
Mathematica is searching for Medicaid Data Advisory Services Analysts with interest in Medicaid policy and programs at either the state or federal level to support current and emerging data analytics work. Medicaid data analysts will likely be connected to 2-3 projects at a time, with many projects requiring work with multidisciplinary teams and direct-client contact. Projects may span across several policy and programmatic areas: Medicaid managed care programs, value-based purchasing and alternative payment models, long-term services and supports, measures of delivery and quality of services for beneficiaries, and outcomes of innovative programs and policies.
Across all projects, Medicaid analysts are expected to:
- Lead or participate actively and thoughtfully in project teams to implement, monitor, or evaluate policy and programs
- Apply rigorous analytic thinking to the collection, analysis, and interpretation of quantitative data
- Develop expertise in Medicaid data, policy, and programmatic areas
Specific project activities may include:
- Assisting with quantitative analyses using Medicaid enrollment, claims/encounter, financial and program data to support program monitoring, improvement, or evaluation
- Participating in decisions regarding analysis design and methodology
- Reviewing policy, program, and/or data documentation to develop technical specifications for analyses
- Working with developers to compile and analyze data
- Investigating data to identify data quality issues, patterns, or other findings
- Translating analysis findings into actionable information to support clients in making data-driven decisions regarding Medicaid policies and programs
- Providing technical assistance to federal and state Medicaid stakeholders to support the implementation of data collection, monitoring, and reporting programs
- Authoring client memos, technical assistance tools, issue briefs, chapters of analytic reports, user manuals, and webinar presentations summarizing findings
- Position Requirements*:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in data analytics, public policy, economics, statistics, public health, behavioral or social sciences, or a related field; or a Bachelors degree and equivalent experience
- Experience conducting quantitative analysis work in a health policy or research setting, with experience in Medicaid preferred
- Strong foundation in quantitative methods and a broad understanding of Medicaid program and policy issues.
- Familiarity with Medicaid enrollment, claims, financial, or program data is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including an ability to write clear and concise policy and/or technical memos and documents for diverse stakeholder audiences including program administrators and policymakers
- Demonstrated ability to work on multidisciplinary teams
- Strong organizational skills and high level of attention to detail; flexibility to manage multiple priorities, sometimes simultaneously, under deadlines
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, transcripts
Clipped from: https://www.nexxt.com/jobs/medicaid-data-advisory-services-analyst-ann-arbor-mi-2148400880-job.html?utm_campaign=google_for_jobs&utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&aff=2ED44C72-8FD2-4B5D-BC54-2F623E88BE26&utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic