The Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene, Inc. is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the full-time position of Director of Medicaid Financial Data Analytics at the New York State Office of Mental Health (OMH). This position will be located either in Albany or NYC, depending on the selected candidate’s location. The candidate will work in conjunction with OMH staff and other State Agencies (DOH, DOB, OPWDD, OCFS, OASAS) to architect and manage data marts containing NYS Medicaid data integrated with multiple related data sources and support complex analysis and projects involving financial restructuring and Medicaid policy for the behavioral health system.
FUNCTION AND SCOPE
The Director of Medicaid Financial Data Analytics will be responsible to manage Oracle database specialists and business intelligence specialists to build and maintain data marts that are necessary to support a wide range of OMH initiatives relating to financial restructuring, support for community mental health system, and the development of financing for new programs. The candidate will also be responsible to manage recurring and ad-hoc reporting activities. The Director of Medicaid Financial Data Analytics will need to serve as a liaison between program/clinical subject matter experts and information technology experts, manage, train, and mentor data analysts, and work with internal and external stakeholders. The candidate will need to manage and be a part of various data related project teams composed of consultants, State employees, and external data analysts, implementing data solutions, and identifying and resolving technical issues. The candidate will need to have a deep understanding of the scope of State data resources, how they interact, and how actionable data can be derived from combining information from multiple data sources.
The selected candidate should have experience with Business Intelligence and/or Data Mining tools, prefer five or more years of experience with NYS Medicaid data or other similar healthcare claims data. The candidate should also have familiarity with OMH-specific data sources (that experience should include the development of claim netting processes, and cohort analysis within the behavioral health environment). Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated experience in Behavioral Health programs and related healthcare systems.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Perform business analysis, database design and analysis, DBA functions, and SQL/PL/SQL coding.
- Working with the OMH Bureau of Strategic Financial Direction (SFD), other OMH bureaus, and other State agencies on multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic, team environment.
- Manage SFD Data Analysis Team, recruit new team members, and assist other OMH staff with making strategic hires of people with good “data fluency” skills.
- Coordinate Data Analysis project pipeline, working on priorities with SFD Bureau Director.
- Produce new custom data marts as decision support tools for executives working on fiscal initiatives and maintain/enhance existing data infrastructure.
- Maintain/enhance technical environment for Data Visualization and Data Mining tools, encouraging staff to enhance technical skills in these vital areas.
- Train and mentor data analysts in SQL and PL/SQL development, tabular data and business intelligence reporting on the SFD team, and other groups within OMH.
- Manage multiple, simultaneous projects with OMH Staff, internal and external consultants, and Interagency teams to support data analysis initiatives to address specific questions and support decision making, combining leadership, project management, and soft skills with technical expertise.
- Maintain data algorithm for Medicaid Health and Recovery Plan (HARP) Eligibility and produce the HARP eligibility list every month.
- Communicating clearly with business subject matter experts to determine needs and requirements, and to develop these into technical specifications.
- Providing technical assistance to ITS staff and various of data analysts groups to help complete projects and build shared OMH data infrastructure.
- Developing innovative ways to visualize healthcare data in a Behavioral Health environment, to always be working towards solutions for the next generation of OMH data needs.
- The candidate must have a Master’s degree or higher from an accredited college in Accounting, Computer Science, Economics, Finance, Public Administration, Business Administration, Information Systems, or a related field.
- Candidate must have a minimum of five years of data analysis experience, with five or more years of PL/SQL and SQL writing experience in a relational database environment with very large datasets.
- Candidate should have a minimum of two years’ experience with tabular datasets (Power BI, Power Pivot, SSAS, with DAX/MDX experience a plus).
- Candidate must have a minimum of five years’ experience with ETL processes, and have a background in advanced statistical analysis, financial forecasting, information systems, and healthcare economics.
- Candidate must have a minimum of five years of experience with and be very proficient and innovative with using Microsoft Excel’s advanced functionality as a fiscal data analysis tool.
Work Location: Dependent on candidate’s location, the work location would be at one of the addresses listed below:
- 330 Fifth Avenue, 9th Floor, New York, NY 10001-3101 (NYC Field Office) or
- 44 Holland Ave, 7th floor, Albany, NY 12229 (Central Office)
In accordance with NYS Office of Mental Health regulations, RFMH employees are required to be fully vaccinated.
Note: If the selected candidate is located in NYC, travel to OMH Central Office in Albany, NY will be required 2-4 days per month.
Salary: Based on experience.
To Apply: Submit an application on our website by April 26th, 2022 at https://rfmh.applicantpro.com/jobs/. Click on Employment Opportunities. Please note only applications submitted through our website will be considered.
The Research Foundation is a private not-for-profit corporation and is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York. Employees of the Research Foundation are not state employees, do not participate in any state retirement system, and do not receive state fringe benefits. Excellent Benefits Package. Employer/Minority/Women/Disabled/Veteran Employer. VEVRAA 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) compliant.
Clipped from: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/c/Research-Foundation-for-Mental-Hygiene,-Inc./Job/Director-of-Medicaid-Financial-Data-Analytics/-in-New-York,NY?jid=cd23914bd276f12e&utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic