Marinus Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Radnor, PA, US| Remote, Remote, US
Marinus Pharmaceuticals is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company committed to developing breakthrough therapies to improve the quality of lives of patients and their families as they battle rare and life-threatening diseases.
Based in Radnor, PA we are a team of dedicated and talented professionals who value innovation and commitment to developing new therapies for CNS disorders and are passionate about making a positive difference in the lives of our patients.
We are currently searching for an experienced professional to join our growing commercial team as a:
Sr Director, Government Accounts-Medicaid
Reporting to the Vice President of Market Access, the Senior Director, Governments Accounts role is a highly visible and critically important position within the company. The Sr Dir will develop working relationships with key decision makers in formulary and medical management within designated target accounts to ensure patient access to Marinus portfolio of products. These accounts include State Medicaid Agencies and may include Medicaid ACOs, Medicaid MCOs, Medicaid PBMs, VA/DoD and other public payer and Federal accounts, as appropriate. This individual will place themselves in a position to influence and educate the formulary, purchasing and/or reimbursement decision-making processes at all levels, including Directors/VPs of Pharmacy, Medical, Clinical, Policy, Care Management, Quality, Innovation and State Medicaid Directors.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for developing and implementing the company’s strategic market access and reimbursement objectives and providing cross-functional leadership and collaboration with external and internal stakeholders, including Marinus Executive Team.
- Demonstrate specific competencies through influence selling, utilizing clinical knowledge and value propositions, health economic and real world evidence, marketing resources, executive level relationship building and leveraging and negotiating contracts which may include outcomes based rebates.
- Will demonstrate strong financial stewardship for the company. Additionally, this individual will be involved in high level, cross functional decisions working with Sales, Marketing, Contracting, Corporate Accounts and other internal departments.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to develop and implement the company’s strategic market access and reimbursement objectives and providing cross-functional leadership.
- Develop and implement strategic plans for optimum product coverage positioning within each targeted public payer customer in assigned geography including State Medicaid Agencies and other regional or Federal accounts as defined by Marinus market access leadership
- Build strong account relationships at all levels, including executives, advocacy groups and agency heads, to enable sales growth
- Collaborate across all relevant business units within the organization to establish strategies and plans aligned with managed care execution of overall corporate strategy Support strategic plans with defined tactics and objectives to move government payer decisions in a direction that continues to open access for the appropriate patients
- Be a trusted advisor and expert in Marinus portfolio and disease states with the ability to educate and ensure optimal pull-through effectiveness for access program offerings and workflow implementations
- Assess competitive market landscape and opportunities for improved or expanded market penetration and adoption
- Collaborate with Provider Sales organization to educate on regional public payer access and coverage for Marinus products in addition to helping resolve unique reimbursement challenges that may arise Implement and lead customer level strategic plans that are aligned with the brand strategy
- Effectively communicate this knowledge to Sales, Marketing, Medical Affairs and other core cross functional teams
- Demonstrate interpersonal skillfulness that fortifies working relationships with Sales, Marketing, Contracting, Medical Affairs and other key departments to ensure adoption and execution of overall strategic plan and exceeding sales targets Serve as Player-Coach, in line management and with accountability for a defined government account set, while providing management and leadership support to the Head of Market Access.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree required, degree in Science, Business, Marketing or related technical field is preferred
- A minimum of 12 years pharmaceutical, biotech or payer industry experience in sales, marketing, managed care, contracting or other relevant commercial function
- A minimum of 5 years in Government Payer Account Management experience, including proven market access success and current organizational agility with State Medicaid Agencies and Federal Accounts
- Proven ability to work independently, adhere to specific timelines and execute on business plan initiatives
- Deep knowledge of the CMS and Medicaid rules, regulations standards and processes
- Strong account management skill set with extensive experience in strategic and tactical planning, execution and negotiation skills with proven track record of success
- Proven teamwork and collaboration skills with a demonstrated track record leading highly matrixed, cross-functional work teams comprised of high-level managers and executives
- Able to effectively manage competing priorities with strong sense of urgency and work ethic
- Innovative thinker with an understanding of legal/regulatory environment
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast paced environment utilizing decision making skills to interpret the business quickly and pave new pathways
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Up to Up to 50% travel may be required based upon business needs
At Marinus, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees; providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Marinus Pharmaceuticals does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Please see job description