Senior Client Manager, Government Programs (Medicare/Medicaid)
SEE how you can make a difference! Be part of an innovative company that cares about its associates and helps members enjoy the wonders of sight through healthy eyes and vision.
Versant Health provides vision care to 37 million members nationwide! To ensure your continued success we provide opportunities for advancement and development. Our associates remain engaged through a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes health and dental insurance, tuition reimbursements, 401(k) with company match, pet insurance and FREE vision insurance for you and your family.
Scope and Purpose of Position
Develop strong external and internal relationships to achieve client satisfaction, revenue objectives for existing customers in an assigned segmentation and geography of Business.
Manage, retain and grow assigned book of business, including large high profile and complex Government Sponsored clients (i.e. Medicaid/Medicare lines of business), to achieve individual and corporate goals. Internal liaison to implementation and operations areas for clients. Coordinate introduction/orientation/implementation meetings with internal business partners when applicable for new/existing groups.
- Provides strategic leadership and solution based support to expand and maintain business relationships with existing large and complex accounts
- Demonstrates individual ownership and accountability in development client and broker relationships
- Communicate effectively, consistently and frequently with assigned client base. Continuously working to improve customer loyalty
- Ongoing liaison/consultant through meetings, plan reviews, care calling, etc. in accordance with Client Service guidelines to ensure client loyalty, retention and satisfaction
- Lead implementation from a client management team perspective, partnering with internal departments, with the responsibility of successful implementation
- Ability to effectively manage high profile and complex clients in a book of business encompassing $15,000,000 to $40,000,000
- Meet all assigned revenue, client retention and profitability goals
- Notify Team leader of potential growth opportunities as well as escalated client concerns, continued negative feedback or ‘red flags’ within assigned book of business
- Present renewals and recommendations and coordinate implementations for renewals, benefit changes and unit adds with Implementation and Contracting teams
- Coordinate implementations for new sales with Sales Team as overall project manager through completion of implementation
- Determine growth opportunities and benefit design, coordinate proposal and finalize sale, as well as, group communication needs (summary plan descriptions, provider lists, etc.) and benefit fair needs and expectations
- Review and assure that client receives all requested reports, satisfaction results and performance guarantees within the timeframe requested
- Inform senior management of market trends that affect the management of assigned book of business
- Strategic support for sales presentations and marketing, when needed
- Adhere to privacy and confidential and proprietary company policies and procedures (i.e. HIPAA)
- Participate in any/all training and educational activities necessary to fulfill at least the minimum requirements as specified within your departmental goals. This is in addition to the completion of any activities necessary for the maintenance of professional affiliations or organizational requirements
- As required by changing business needs, complete additional responsibilities as assigned
- Maintain appropriate insurance licenses
- Ability and willingness to travel as required
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Knowledge and experience in the insurance, health, or vision care industry
- Years of experience 3-5
- Prior Account Management or Customer Service experience desirable
- Life/health insurance license required (within 6 months of hire)
- Computer knowledge/skills needed
- Travel domestically: valid driver’s license required
- Customer Focus
- Financial Management
- Relationship Management
- Results Oriented
- Strategic Thinking
- Team work
- Time Management
Essential Responsibilities related to Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required to stand, use hands and fingers to handle, feel, pick or pinch, and talk or hear most of the time. The associate is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The noise level in this location is moderate (use of computers, printers and machines). Ability and willingness to travel as required.
HIPAA & Security Requirements
All Associates must comply with the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as it pertains to disclosures of protected health information (PHI) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and HIPAA Privacy Policies and Procedures. As a component of job roles and responsibilities, Associates may have access to covered information, cardholder data or other confidential customer information which must be protected at all times. As a result, Associates must explicitly adhere to all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Privacy & Security Training Program.
Clipped from: https://www.glassdoor.com/job-listing/senior-client-manager-government-programs-medicare-medicaid-versant-health-JV_IC1150517_KO0,59_KE60,74.htm?jl=4152010776&utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic