SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America’s leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Staff VP Compliance (Medicaid)
The Staff VP Compliance is the senior leader responsible for oversight of compliance and regulatory functions for Anthem’s Medicaid West region and the Compliance teams that support each health plan. The individual in this position partners closely with the Compliance market and team leads for each market to (a) lead the strategic compliance direction for the plan, (b) guide proactive compliance oversight and State relationship management; and (c) engage in effective escalation and business area engagement to resolve issues and mitigate risks. This is in addition to serving as the key Compliance resource for the West Region Medicaid President as well as a critical and collaborative partner to the individual plan presidents. This position reports directly to the Medicaid Chief Compliance Officer.
The position is also engaged in driving important strategic projects and priorities across regions, including but not limited to:
- Engagement with business partners and functional area leads to ensure effective action plans for issues impacting multiple markets
- Liaison with Cost of Care workstream leads to shed light on regulatory considerations and engagement needs for initiatives to ensure compliant implementation
- Vetting of mandate funding requests to confirm alignment with regulatory requirements
- Developing and driving implementation of compliance and regulatory “best practices” across markets (examples being audit support, mandate implementation oversight, etc.)
- Strategic advisory and consulting for business partners related to federal regulations and changes
- Active contribution to compliance and business governance committees, including compliance program reporting to business leadership.
- May be regularly engaged in day-to-day compliance and regulatory support at the health plan level if needed during staff shortages, team member LOA, or as business needs demand during periods of high activity (such as significant audits).
- Collaborates with management to set strategic vision; may oversee a manager(s)/director(s) with direct reports.
- Hires, trains, coaches, counsels, and evaluates performance of direct reports.
Within commuting distance to an Anthem office preferred.
Requires a BA/BS and minimum of 10 years health care, regulatory, ethics, compliance or privacy experience, including minimum of 8 years management experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Ability to travel may be required.
- Compliance knowledge and experience within managed care/health insurance industry.
- Knowledge and understanding of Medicaid regulatory compliance requirements.
Skills and Attributes
- Strong leadership/managerial skills and ability to motivate/coach other staff.
- Be a strategic thinker with a broad and deep understanding of healthcare from various vantage points.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, a sense of curiosity, and effective problem-solving.
- Ability to work through ambiguity putting structure to broad enterprise initiatives.
- Exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal communication, persuasion, and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, build consensus, and drive change.
Applicable to Colorado Applicants Only
Annual Salary Range*: $155,232 – $194,040
Actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level.
- The hourly or salary range is the range Anthem in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. The Company may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company’s sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.