Role: MES IT Project Manager (657899)
Duration: 12 Months+
Location: 100% Remote
Interview Mode: Webcam Interview Only
Start Date: Immediate
NOTE: This role will be 100% remote and candidates located anywhere in the US are encouraged to apply.
DHHS seeks a Project Manager (PM) to join the Medicaid Enterprise System (MES) Program. Leadership, facilitation, PMBOK and Agile experience are key.
The Project Manager (PM) will be responsible for leading the efforts associated with procurement, design, development and implementation of a large, complex IT system. The PM will be accountable for developing all project management artifacts in a waterfall-agile hybrid environment, so experience and knowledge of both PM methodologies is essential. The role additionally is critical in partnering with Product Managers and business leaders, so stellar facilitation and presentation skills are also essential. Empathy for the business experience of undergoing a substantial change while being resource constrained is also an important competency. Knowledge of Organizational Change Management (OCM) is a highly desired attribute. The role will work with the business change and process improvement teams to support and guide them through the required steps. The PM will monitor, track, schedule, document, assess quality, and articulate the way changes affect the users on a day-to-day basis and ensure that thorough testing of systems and scenarios occurs throughout the implementation. This role will also support the federal certification exercise and associated planning processes. ITSM/ITIL knowledge and working in a multi-vendor matrix resource environment are paramount as well.
This resource will interface with Division Leadership and DHHS Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) as required to complete the work. Participation in drafting procurement documentation, Request for Proposals (RFPs) are also helpful areas of expertise that will strengthen a candidacy. Interface with business stakeholders at all levels of the organization will occur daily.
- Leadership, persuasion, negotiation, relationship management, conflict resolution, and effective oral and written communication expertise Required 15 Years
- Demonstrated PMBOK subject matter expertise AND experience Required 10 Years
- Demonstrated Agile (preferably SAFe and Scrum) expertise AND experience Required 5 Years
- Demonstrated proficiency in using online collaboration tools, particularly Microsoft Sharepoint and Teams Required 3 Years
- EXPERT use of Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Adobe software Required 15 Years
- Knowledge of Enterprise IT Systems, system integration principles, and associated change management best practices. Required 7 Years
- Ability to provide project management support and manage the day-to-day vendor and contract activities to ensure desired outcomes Required 7 Years
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and projects, function in a fast-paced, continually changing, deadline driven environment Required 7 Years
- Extensive knowledge of test management principles and best practices Required 7 Years
- Demonstrated ITIL/ITSM knowledge Required 2 Years
- Experience on a prior or current MMIS, HIT, HIE, Eligibility or other related implementation project requiring federal oversight Highly desired 7 Years
- Has an understanding of CMS’ Seven Standards and Conditions and Medicaid IT systems or HIT Highly desired 7 Years
- Knowledge of Managed Care or the Medicaid Program Highly desired 7 Years