Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies. For more information, please visit www.guidehouse.com.
We are seeking a Senior Consultant with experience and knowledge of national healthcare reform and its impact on state Medicaid, public health or state and local health and human services programs, including health benefits exchanges, Medicaid expansion, Medicaid managed care, Medicaid program operations, program improvement and state compliance requirements, as well as a strong understanding about various state and local programs and policies across the country. The successful candidate will:
- Assist state agencies, including Medicaid, Behavioral Health, Developmental and Intellectual Disabilities, State Units on Aging and/or Social/Human Services in the development of strategic plans to support the statewide implementation of healthcare reform
- Assist clients in assessing business and technical requirements related to the implementation of healthcare reform, including managed care programs and Accountable Care arrangements
- Research and stay abreast of all states’ healthcare reform efforts
- Perform data and qualitative research activities to address state research needs
- Document and communicate findings and support development of recommendations and follow-up steps to respond to findings
- Identify and collaborate with broad range of healthcare stakeholders
- Participate in analysis of client-identified issues or problems
- Manage projects and engagements of various sizes and durations
- Supervise and support the development of staff
- Effectively manage client interaction and managing client expectations
- Provide subject matter expertise, as requested and appropriate
- Help develop business with new clients, as requested
- Participate in non-client related firm-building activities
- Assure high-quality client work product
- A Bachelor’s degree in business administration (finance or accounting), economics or similar discipline – OR – A Master’s degree in health policy and administration, public policy, public health, social service administration OR equivalent
- 2-3 years of previous work experience in the health care industry, preferably in a consulting capacity or consulting firm
- Knowledge of state health agencies and healthcare reform, e.g., Medicaid, public health, health insurance, and health reform organizations (legislative, executive, governor’s office)
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Excellent quantitative analysis skills
- A strategic problem solver
- Demonstrated ability to self-manage task execution and manage discreet task / project / initiative functions.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access as well as the ability to conduct research through use of the internet and other information sources
- The ability to work overtime as necessary
- Ability to travel to meet client needs (10-30%) as required
The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
- The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
- The targeted starting base salary for this position is $74,200-$110,300.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive bonus
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program
Clipped from: https://www.glassdoor.com/job-listing/senior-consultant-government-healthcare-solutions-medicaid-program-design-and-operations-guidehouse-JV_IC1148170_KO0,88_KE89,99.htm?jl=1007683813845&utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic