About Children’s Home Society
At CHS, our mission is to promote the right of every child to a permanent, safe, and loving family. Guided by our core values of compassion, integrity, excellence, and innovation, we believe that our people are the reason behind our success. Being a member of the CHS family means joining a team committed to championing children’s’ well-being and sharing a belief in the transformative power of family.
Founded more than a century ago, CHS is a recognized leader in transforming families and communities, with an annual budget of nearly $30M and over 300 employees. With offices in 10 cities across North Carolina and remote work opportunities, we are continuing to grow a workforce that is equitable, diverse, and inclusive.
CHS is proud to be celebrated as a 2021 Best-in-Class employer by Gallagher. Gallagher’s Best-in-Class awards recognize employers that excel in supporting their employees’ physical, emotional, career and financial wellbeing for better organizational outcomes.
We believe that healthier families shape healthier communities. That is why we are committed to giving every child and family a voice and relentlessly advocating for their success. We put heart and discipline into helping families grow healthy and strong, and connecting them to tools, skills, and knowledge critical for their well-being. When we empower families to be the best versions of themselves, we can lead the way for meaningful change.
Position Summary: The Medicaid Billing Specialist will be responsible for overseeing the billing process for our clients, submitting claims to Medicaid, examining denials, and troubleshooting problems. Our Medicaid Billing Specialist will also maintain security procedures to protect patient confidentiality. The claims are then examined for Medicaid guideline compliance and completion before submission. All claims are filed in a timely manner to expedite payment. Medicaid Billing Specialist will also review daily billing reports, keep up with submission dates and follow up on unpaid claims. This position will be an office position with some remote flexibility.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- An understanding of various forms, codes (CPT & ICD), insurance terminology and insurance company remittance advice.
- Strong analytical abilities and attention to detail with desire and commitment to take full ownership and accountability for his/her area of responsibility
- Display sensitivity to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
- Professionalism with high standards of integrity, confidentiality, and accuracy
- Self-motivated team player, with strong organizational skills
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge and experience in patient accounting, scanning, data quality monitoring and internet-based insurance websites
- Knowledge of Medicaid billing requirements
- Requires ability to identify and understand issues and problems
- Ability to apply high levels of critical thinking and understanding
- Ability to operate a cloud-based phone system, computer, calculator, and other office equipment.
- Ability to type, follow directions and complete assignments within given deadlines and to establish priorities
- Excellent/effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent phone etiquette and internal/external customer service skills
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong knowledge of data processing concepts, use of computers and Microsoft Office
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, and/or Medicare certification are a plus, but not required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Ability to lift 15 lbs.
- Perform other duties related to department goals and projects as needed
- Associate degree with 4 year’s business office experience in a healthcare environment required.
- Previous experience working with commercial or other third-party insurance claims and reimbursement procedures required.
- Clinical practice and/or Medicaid billing experience preferred.
- Business courses such as medical terminology, accounting, finance, cash applications, typing, and word processing preferred.
Clipped from: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/c/Childrens-Home-Society-of-North-Carolina/Job/Medicaid-Billing-Specialist/-in-Greensboro,NC?jid=e08b208514b2f809&utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic