Join the Medicaid actuarial team supporting the new Ohio RISE health plan and provide support for business-critical functions in a role with vast opportunities to build the skills necessary to become a well-rounded actuary.
- Unlike some actuarial roles that focus on one particular core function, the Medicaid team supports a wide array of actuarial responsibilities.
- Take full ownership of assigned projects.
- Leverage more advanced technical skills to achieve business solutions and demonstrate solid understanding of business and product processes.
- Clearly articulate analysis to health plan leadership and encourage fact-based decision making.
- Existing proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Demonstrated analytical and computing skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and perseverance.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
CVS Health requires its Colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 10 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 45 days of your employment. In some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination before you can begin to actively work. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. In some states and roles, you may be required to have an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
- We are looking for individuals interested in pursuing their ASA/FSA credentials and have demonstrated progress on actuarial exams.
- 1 to 3 years related work experience in the Actuarial field; experience with Medicaid is not a requirement.
- Existing proficiency with SQL.
- A Bachelor’s degree with a strong math background is required.
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.