Found in: Appcast US Premium – 22 hours ago
Atlanta, United States UnitedHealth Group Full time
If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life’s best work.(sm)
As a member of the (Complex Care Division of the) National Policy and Influence Team, the Policy Director will lead duals-related policy work including identifying emerging trends and developing proactive positions and responsive materials. The individual will work across internal teams to maintain awareness of challenges and opportunities as well as identify opportunities to be innovative in service to dually eligible individuals. The successful candidate will have a strong mastery of developing and presenting advocacy materials that support market positioning to influence senior leadership as well as other internal and external stakeholders.
If you are located in the EST or CST time zone, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
Job Scope and Guidelines
- Serve as SME for all duals policy ensuring deep understanding of Medicaid and Medicare policies– tracking trends and developing advocacy positioning and external thought leadership related content
- Develop and execute on a robust policy agenda consistent with business priorities
- Drive external thought leadership strategy to accomplish advocacy agenda and influence national policy conversation in support of duals growth and sustainability
- Develop internal and external educational programming to increase awareness/knowledge of DSNPs internally and demonstrate thought leadership externally
- Possess a strong awareness of DSNP policy trends to allow for strategic decision making necessary to navigate engagement with organizational leaders internally and externally
- Build and maintain relationships with internal Product and health plan teams and establishing processes for shared understanding and agreement on business risk, opportunities and approaches through joint planning documents and scenario planning tools
- Consistently present to state agency staff in C&S and M&R duals markets
- Research and provide market opportunity analysis related to C&S and M&R duals markets
- Develop and review national policy advocacy and thought leadership documents
- Engage in ad hoc research related to duals-related emerging policy trends
- Supports policy analysis and development of advocacy positioning in other policy areas, as needed
- Background in Health Care/Medicaid/Public Health
- Knowledge of duals-related policies and trends
- Experience engaging in policy research and analysis, preference in area of duals, DSNPs and the intersection with Medicaid
- Strong writer/editor, particularly policy, legislative, or regulatory writing
- Excels in use of word, excel, and PowerPoint
- Systems thinker with strong analytical thinking skills
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience working in managed care organizations, State/Federal Governmental Agencies, Consulting, State Legislative and/or Congressional offices
- 2+ years of background in DSNP/Medicare/Medicaid experience
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Master’s Degree in Public Policy, Public Administration, Health Administration or related field
- Intermediate level of proficiency in analyzing policy information; experience communicating the findings to a variety of audiences
- Excellent interpersonal writing, oral, and presentation skills
- Experience in effectively and efficiently managing multiple priorities and projects in a fast-paced environment
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The Salary range for Colorado Connecticut and Nevada residents is $97,300 to 176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.