QR Code Link to This Post
The Medicaid Transport Coordinator oversees all aspects of the Medicaid transport program. The coordinator will work closely with the Senior & Disabled program to ensure that senior and disabled clients with transportation barriers can get to medical appointments. The coordinator will also serve as a member of the agency’s leadership team. This will be a full time position at 37.5 hours per week.
JOB DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
1. Develop and implement the Medicaid Transport Program including development of program and safety policies and procedures as needed.
2. Schedule and coordinate appointments between drivers and clients.
3. Data entry and submitting monthly billing.
4. Recruit, train, supervise, and assign volunteers and interns for service program.
5. Receive client referrals, conduct service eligibility intake, perform on‐site needs assessment, and develop service plan for client.
6. Review and assess services provided at contract completion.
7. Maintain client and volunteer contract files, and agency statistical reporting database.
8. Assist with presentations to community groups/organizations to help develop partnerships and collaboration of complementary program initiatives.
9. Coordinate and assist supervisor with contract compliance and reporting.
10. Develop client‐related informational materials as needed.
11. Participate in agency staff meetings and trainings, as required.
12. Other related duties as assigned by management.
Education & Experience
Associate Degree in Human Services or related field.
Previous experience recruiting and supervising volunteers.
(Or a combination of education and experience providing the knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the work)
License(s) & Certification(s)
Must have valid driver license and auto liability insurance if personal vehicle is used for work‐ related travel.
Skills and Abilities
Spanish/English bilingual or additional languages helpful.
Desire to work with elderly and disabled individuals.
Strong leadership and supervisory skills.
Effective organization skills and solid initiative.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook programs. EmpowOR database knowledge preferred.
Must have strong and effective communication skills (oral and written).
Working knowledge of standard office procedures and technologies (phone, computer, printer, photocopier, scanner, fax machine) is needed.
Demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with people from varied cultural, socioeconomic, educational and experiential backgrounds.
WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Work is generally performed in an office environment, unless otherwise indicated in job duties. Participation in service projects may frequent standing and/or walking. Extended sitting may be required. Sufficient mobility required for use of standard office equipment. Hearing and communication ability must be sufficient to perform essential job functions. Travel within and outside Agency’s service area may be required for community outreach, meetings, training and other job‐related activities.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Wage between $20.87 ‐ $23.04 per hour (DOE)
Medical & Dental Insurance including Rx and Vision
Life Insurance and AD&D coverage
SIMPLE IRA Retirement Plan (3% Employer Match)
Employee Assistance Program
Voluntary supplemental Cafeteria 125 Plan
Paid Sick and Vacation Leave
12 Paid Holidays per year
Health club discounts
(Community Action reserves right to modify, amend, or terminate any benefit at any time for any reason.)
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by providing ALL items requested. Please submit the following:
(1) Community Action Application (2) Resume (3) Letter of Interest.
You can find all job announcements and apply online on our website at www.communityactionskagit.org
Community Action of Skagit County reserves the right to extend application deadlines and to modify the selection schedule without notice, to form eligibility lists for, or make appointments to, other positions with similar employment requirements.
Community Action of Skagit County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Should you require accommodation in the application process, please contact our HR Department.