The Wisconsin Medicaid Liaison presents a rewarding opportunity to support the Medicaid Members experience. This includes assisting with enrollment and continued enrollment of low-income families with children, pregnant women, the elderly, and persons with disabilities in Medicaid programs. In addition, the Medicaid Liaison provides infrastructure support required for performing eligibility determinations for Medicaid and FoodShare, manages the federal supplemental security income and social security disability insurance programs, and issues FoodShare benefits.
This is all done with a strong focus on equity inclusion, member focus groups, provider focus groups, surveys, and survey analysis.
As a Gainwell resource you will be working alongside of Division of Medicaid Services (DMS) staff to:
- Work directly with members, community partners, and other stakeholders throughout the State of Wisconsin.
- Act as a liaison to resolve both simple and complex issues.
- Assist members and community partners with clarifying policy or resolving case/application issues.
- Speak in public and deliver pre-approved presentations and assist with stakeholder trainings.
- Become a trusted advisor to the community partners and members.
- Proactively analyze trends and synthesizes data.
- Re-evaluate processes and outreach design.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with diverse audiences, tactful, mature, and flexible.
- Ability to take initiative, to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Resourceful, well organized, dependable, efficient, and detailed oriented
- A strong sense of empathy and passion to deliver solutions that change lives.
- Proficient in comprehending and applying information from complex rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
Experience with public healthcare programs and assisting Medicaid members in obtaining services. Degree in a health, social science, or policy related focus and/or at least two years relevant work experience.