Serve as a liaison to state government entities to improve the legislative and regulatory environment for the state health plan and Centene Corporation
- Assist with the development of state legislative public policy concerning state insurance, Managed Care Organization and Medicare and Medicaid regulations through the initiatives of state legislators and their staff
- Develop strategic relationships with state legislative policymakers to enhance the health plan and Centene’s role as a partner with the state and to assist in shaping public policy initiatives
- Identify, evaluate and analyze the impact of state legislative and regulatory issues for state health plan and Centene Corporation and advise management concerning their impact
- Represent and serve as point person for the state health plan and Centene Corporation to outside trade groups/stakeholders including state AHIP organization, state medical association, state hospital association and related Medicare and Medicaid business vendors
- Represent state health plan and Centene Corporation to state legislators and their staffs
- Develop and shape legislative policies and strategies through relevant coalitions and issue advocacy campaigns
- Balance reporting requirements to multiple constituencies including; Centene Corporation regional vice president, state health plan president, chief operating officers and Corporate regulatory and government affairs staff
Bachelor’s degree in Public Policy, Government Affairs, Business Administration or equivalent experience. Master’s or Law degree preferred. 5+ years of related experience. Extensive knowledge of state legislative and regulatory processes. Experience with state legislature, health care trade associations including America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP), National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) and federal and state Medicare and Medicaid laws and regulations. Previous management experience including responsibilities for hiring, training, assigning work and managing performance of staff.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law..