UnitedHealthcare is a company that’s on the rise. We’re expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
It is expected that each United Healthcare Services employee adhere to UHG & RMHP Policies and Procedures, including but not limited to Corporate Mission Statement, Corporate Values & Ethics, and Corporate Code of Conduct.
Positions in this function organize, collect, review and report health and social information through Member phone outreach and home visits while demonstrating multicultural sensitivity and effective communication skills with Medicaid members. This position follows established safety protocols in the community setting, as well as established preventive and disease management programs for health promotion and education. Deliver culturally appropriate information regarding the availability of health and community resources that will reduce barriers to care. The primary functions of this position include transition of care and care coordination planning for Members following a behavioral health treatment service and peer consultation regarding behavioral health services.
If you are located in CO, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Serves as an expert in discharge and transition of care planning for Members receiving behavioral health treatment services
- Respect confidentiality and maintain confidences as described in the UHG Employee Handbook and acknowledged through signature by all employees. The ability to maintain confidentiality is a critical and essential component of this position
- Collaborates and works closely with the Behavioral Health Utilization Review Team and Behavioral Health Network Providers for discharge and transition of care planning
- Serves as a consultant to care coordination teams
- Respects confidentiality and maintain confidences as described in the Confidentiality Security Agreement that is signed by all employees. The ability to maintain confidentiality is a critical and essential component of this position
- Participates in Interdisciplinary care team meetings as indicated
- Serves as community liaison and maintain relationships with Behavioral Health Network Providers, key individuals in the community and serves as an advocate by coordinating linkages or referrals to improve health, social, and environmental conditions for members
- Coordinates and performs duties of communicating the mission and role of the organization to community associations, senior groups, ethnic clubs and groups, and churches
- Serves as the direct personal contact in the community to Members who are unable to be reached through phone calls
- Conducts Member assessments
- Assess the changing needs and condition of the Member and communicate this information to all involved Care Coordinators, community partners, physician and other appropriate individuals, according to department policies and procedures
- Document assessments, Member/family response to care coordination interventions at the time of the encounter. Meet departmental standards and deadlines for timely completion of all required documentation and meet current agency productivity standards
- Educates and assist identified Members about behaviors that can enhance their health, successfully navigating the health system
- Facilitates access to preventive and disease management health services
- Develops a plan of management associated with health care goals for each member addressing the diverse needs in a culturally appropriate wa
- Develops and maintains a report system for outcomes
- Communicates Member issues requiring interventions to appropriate departments and providers
- Maintains confidentiality and uses only the minimum amount of protected health information (PHI) necessary to accomplish job related responsibilities. Maintains confidentiality of patient information
- Participates in staff meetings, case conferences and in-services. Maintains familiarity with all policies and procedures that impact decisions and care
- This position requires travel. Requires independent, reliable, flexible, and on-demand, transportation at the incumbent’s expense for travel between various locations and timely arrival and departure from various locations. If the employee chooses to satisfy this requirement by driving a vehicle, the employee must meet the requirements for Colorado licensure and company requirements for liability insurance coverage
- Completes all duties in accordance with company safety policies and practices
- Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Degree in social work, social sciences or counseling
- 3+ years of experience in the Behavioral Health Field
- 2+ years of progressive related experience working with diverse populations, community or faith based organizations
- Knowledge of health education, motivational strategies, and an empathetic manner working with the underserved
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- 3+ years of experience in Behavioral Health Care Management
- Health care setting experience
- Knowledge of healthcare business
- Knowledge of local area
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- The physical and mental requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made upon request to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Please contact HR to make such a request
- Ability to execute regular, reliable, and predictable performance of the essential functions of this job through a consistent ability to be physically and mentally present at the assigned work location, at the prescribed time, with the prescribed tools and with the availability necessary to successfully complete the essential duties described herein
- Ability to handle and manage stress associated with the performance of job duties
- Ability to appropriately interact with, and get along with others including supervisors, coworkers, customers and other stakeholders
- Ability to work collaboratively with others as set forth in the job description
- Ability to accurately and timely follow directions of supervisors
- Ability to perform the essential functions of this job at the assigned primary work location for this job, which is in one of the RMHP office locations
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job at the assigned primary work location for this job, which is in the employee’s home
- Ability to effectively speak, understand and be understood, and communicate in English
- Ability to hear adequately on the phone, in person and in group settings
- Ability to travel primarily within the State of Colorado on a daily basis
- Ability to be exposed to changing weather conditions
- Ability to travel between various locations and to timely arrive and depart from various locations
- Ability to provide independent, reliable, flexible, and on-demand, transportation at the employee’s expense. If the employee chooses to satisfy this requirement by driving a vehicle, requires ability to meet the requirements for Colorado licensure and company requirements for liability insurance coverage
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including before and after core business hours and occasional evenings and weekends
- Ability to work in front of a computer screen and keyboard, sitting and/or standing up to 8-10 hours per day (possibly longer if required)
- Ability to work in home settings that include varying physical, social, and cultural environments
- Ability to work in environments that may have exposure to communicable disease while performing patient care activities
- Ability to see adequately to visually evaluate and assess the member’s or potential member’s physical condition and living environment
- Ability to see computer screen and work papers
- Ability to access, research and interpret information from a variety of media (e.g., computer screen, projected images, printed material) and individuals
- Ability to work in normal office environment conditions and with various office equipment (e.g., computer, keyboard, mouse, calculator, copier, printer, fax, scanner, telephone)
- Ability to move to access various offices and a wide variety of meeting settings
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks that involve standing, walking, sitting, stooping, kneeling, bending and twisting, occasionally climbing stairs or using an elevator, possibly reaching chest high and overhead for materials
Competencies. Our commitment to our Values Based Competencies reflect specific behaviors that represent how we broadly work together and with customers and describe the behaviors we expect of employees. All competencies are defined in greater detail in the HUB.
RMHP Job Descriptions. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time. Incumbents within this position may be required to assist or find appropriate assistance to make accommodations for disabled individuals (may include: visitors, patients, employees, or others).
Employee Handbook and At-Will Employment. The provisions in the UHG Employee Handbook are guidelines and, except for the provisions of the Employment Arbitration Policy, do not establish a contract or any particular terms or condition of employment between you and UnitedHealth Group. None of the policies constitute or are intended to constitute a promise of employment. UnitedHealth Group may periodically, at its discretion, change, rescind, or add to any policy, benefit or practice with or without prior notice. The handbook is located at https://hub.unitedhealthgroup.com/policies/human-capital/employee-handbook .
This employment relationship is “at will” and is based upon the mutual consent of UnitedHealth Group and yourself.
While we hope that you will always enjoy working for the Company, if you should ever become dissatisfied, you are free to terminate your employment at any time for any reason. Similarly, UnitedHealth Group may terminate your employment at any time for any reason, with or without notice or prior discipline. This “employment-at-will” relationship may not be modified for any employee, except in a written agreement signed by UnitedHealth Group’s Chief Executive Officer or the Senior Executive of Human Resources.
RMHP Administrative Policies & Procedures. Rocky Mountain Health Plans (RMHP) policies and procedures are available to employees electronically on the RMHP SharePoint site at http://ConnectRMHP/CompInfo/SitePages/Home.aspx or from Human Resources. RMHP has also adopted a compliance plan to serve as a general guide to help employees fulfill RMHP compliance obligations. The compliance plan and a summary of the compliance plan are available on all computer desktops and on the RMHP SharePoint site at http://ConnectRMHP/CompInfo/SitePages/Home.aspx or from Human Resources.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That’s why you’ll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $21.68 to $38.56. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Medicaid Behavioral Health Outreach Coordinator, CO, Colorado, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote
Clipped from: https://www.glassdoor.com/job-listing/medicaid-behavioral-health-outreach-coordinator-telecommute-in-co-unitedhealth-group-JV_IC1164330_KO0,65_KE66,84.htm?jl=1007612813054&utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic