Role: Sr. Healthcare Analyst / Medicaid SME
Location: Basking Ridge, New Jersey
Duration: Full time
- Function as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Medicaid and Medicare directly interfacing with state Business users.
- Participate in requirements gathering sessions with State users and client team members to understand business need and analyze requirements
- Able to juggle multiple tasks and work with the lead to prioritize work to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Work independently with little to no supervision by seeking guidance on work priority and dedication to client success.
- Collaborate with other Data Analysts / Business analysts to understand reporting needs and be a self-starter to accomplish objectives.
- Review and provide feedback on reporting requirements, either created internally or externally, for feasibility, gaps in requirements, and overall business value.
- Perform data analysis using SQL and validate business requirements
- Document test cases based on requirements and perform functional testing.
- Gain proficiency in modifying and developing new SAP Business Objects reports.
- Be a team player and work under supervision of senior analysts as needed to meet project objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer information systems, data analytics, or a related field.
- 10+ years of experience working as a business or data analyst in any Industry vertical
- 7 + years of working as a business user or analyst in a healthcare vertical
- 5+ Working as an analyst in the Medicaid line of business within depth knowledge in claims adjudication, eligibility, provider performance etc.
- 3+ years’ experience working with SQL and databases with proficiency in data analysis.
- Experience working in both Agile and Waterfall SDLC
- 5+ years of experience as a business or data analyst in a Data warehousing setting
- Candidates with working knowledge in SAP Business Objects reporting
- Experience working in a healthcare Data warehouse involving claims, recipients, providers, and other subject areas.
- Experience reporting on large datasets from a data warehouse, and techniques for working with data in volume effectively to create reports and dashboards