This position performs the operational oversight role responsible for the day-to-day outreach and engagement (O&E) team and activities of connecting with, engaging with and positively impacting and influencing members in the Medicaid, Medicare, and Whole Health member markets. Responsible for maintaining a highly efficient workforce, meeting outreach and engagement goals, and enhancing the performance of all members of the O&E Team. Works in a matrix environment with the Member Market Leads for Medicare, Medicaid and Whole Health.
- Oversees Outreach & Engagement team including recruiting, hiring, maintaining staffing competencies, productivity, and team ratios; monitoring qualitative and quantitative measures across all O&E team members; and executing corrective actions as necessary.
- Reviews daily activity across O&E team members in establishing direct contact, engagement, and communication and the provision of information on available health services and community support to encourage participation in Magellan’s BH Care Management program.
- Reviews member communications to ensure that successful contact with assigned members include effective communications and descriptions of Magellan’s BH Care Management services including benefits, purpose, process to access services, the Magellan BH Care Management service system, and other available BH services; and ensure that members are being engaged in a manner that is individualized and addresses the member’s needs and means of understanding information.
- Works collaboratively across the Care Management teams to ensure execution of comprehensive and coordinated delivery of services to members.
- Monitors, tracks, and identifies trends in O&E productivity and KPIs in partnership with Quality Team and use to adjust processes, procedures, and policies to improve workforce management productivity and operations metrics, or workflows.
- Monitors individual team member performances for opportunities to improve effectiveness of member communication techniques (for example: motivational interviewing, peer-to-peer engagement); maintain operational dashboard for O&Es and reach out to appropriate training and support resources as needed.
- Ensures that established policies, procedures, and guidelines are followed at high level of quality.
- Works with Member Market Leads to ensure communication and contractual obligations/ goals are aligned to O&E operational, quality, and medical cost KPIs.
- Works with Member Market leads to communicate achievement of performance standards; support ensuring compliance with Medicaid, Medicare, and Commercial regulations and requirements.
- Works with Member Market leads to develop effective communications materials for staff to reach out to members to meet and exceed outreach and engagement targets.
- Manages O&E team to annual expense budget targets.
- Collaborates on the development and implementation of a staff plan, including learning and development strategy, in collaboration with the relevant Magellan leaders
- Participates in goal setting and regular performance reviews of all staff.
Other Job Requirements
- Health Insurance Sales.
- Administrative Task experience / proficiency.
- Computer software skills.
- Communication skills.
- Motivational Interviewing Training or Certification.
- Experience leading direct customer marketing, direct customer or community engagement or sales education.
- 3+ years of experience in direct to consumer marketing, direct customer or community engagement or sales education.
- Understanding of health plan benefit structures, behavioral/physical health terminology, call center terminology and operations.
- Applicable experience related to one of targeted member markets, including Medicare, Medicaid and Whole Health.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
General Job Information
Supervisor, Outreach and Engagement – Medicare & Medicaid
Customer Service, Sales, Supervisory
Bachelors: Marketing, GED (Required), High School (Required)
License and Certifications – Required
License and Certifications – Preferred
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.