Will be responsible for processing and validating State Medicaid Drug Rebate Program invoices for various government programs. Work with external vendor for invoice data entry and uploading. Prepare related rebates for payment. Coordinate approvals and payment processing with Accounts Payable. Troubleshoot, analyze and resolve state invoice discrepancies using external website or state data for utilization validation. Perform State Medicaid invoice account reconciliations. Work with State Medicaid Analysts to resolve utilization disputes between Amgen and State Medicaid Agencies at state government level. Analyze utilization trends. Provide data and analytics for internal reporting requirements. Help facilitate process improvements. Perform other administrative functions and other special projects as needed.
Education and Experience:
1. Bachelors Degree highly preferred, Advanced degree a plus
2. Internal Amgen experience or experience in a pharmaceutical/biotech environment highly preferred.
3. 4+ years experience in related field (6 or more a plus); including Finance, Contracts or Project Management: demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility
4. General knowledge of Medicaid reimbursement policies, Government Medicaid Programs, invoices and claims processing is highly preferred.
5. Good analytical skills
– Strong computer & M/S Office skills.
– Develops spreadsheet models for moderately complex financial analysis.
– Good verbal and written communication skills. May deliver formal presentations.
– Communicates effectively within and outside the department and with State Government Agencies.
– High attention to detail/reporting accuracy, while also able to focus on the overall problem / solution
– Translates high volumes of data into meaningful information to support key business decisions
– Identifies and implements process improvement opportunities
– Completes projects timely and makes decisions with minimal direction and ability to assess prioritization and completion timeframes for multiple simultaneous assignments.
– Self motivates and owns project from inception to completion and completes work with given guidelines and procedures
– Thinks strategically (can see big picture) while delivering results at the appropriate level of detail
– Tolerance of ambiguous situations
– Strong presentation skills; can effectively articulate and influence meeting decisions with cross functional group attendees
– Team player, supports team members as needed
– Effectively represents team in a complex matrix organization with cross-functional groups within Contracts and Pricing Execution (CPE) and support functions
Strong project management skills and leads projects as required.
Provides analysis and recommendations to support decisions by team management
Perform other administrative functions and ad-hoc special projects as needed
Join UsIf you’re seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you’ll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.