The Ohio Department of Medicaid (ODM) is committed to improving the health of Ohioans and strengthening communities and families through quality care. In 2020, ODM introduced a new vision for Ohio’s Medicaid program — one that strengthens Ohio’s future and ensures everyone has the chance to live life to its full potential.
Today, more than 90 percent of Ohio Medicaid members are supported by managed care organizations. During the year ahead, ODM will begin implementing a new vision for care; focusing on the individual, a strong partnership among MCOs and the department, and supporting specialization in addressing critical needs.
A program that puts the individual first
Adopting Governor DeWine’s philosophy of service to Ohioans, ODM embarked on an aggressive effort to redesign its managed care program. The goal is to provide more personal, holistic care and supports for millions of Ohioans served by Medicaid. Listening to feedback from more than 1,100 individuals and organizations we identified five procurement goals that would put the individual front and center of Medicaid’s program and policy decisions.
- Emphasize a personalized care experience,
- Improve care for children and adults with complex behavioral health needs,
- Improve wellness and health outcomes,
- Support providers in better patient care and
- Increase program transparency and accountability
UNLESS REQUIRED BY LEGISLATION OR UNION CONTRACT, STARTING SALARY WILL BE SET AT STEP 1 OF THE PAY RANGE
Office: Legal Counsel
Bureau: Provider & Program Compliance
Working Title: Attorney 5 (PN 20036553)
The Ohio Department of Medicaid is seeking an attorney for our legal unit (Provider & Program Compliance). As a Senior Staff Attorney your responsibilities will include:
- Researching and providing legal advice regarding institutional providers (e.g. hospitals, nursing facilities, ambulatory surgery centers, federally qualified health centers, rural health clinics)
- Reviewing and providing legal advice and assistance with administrative rules
- Assisting the Attorney General’s Office with administrative hearings, trials and other legal matters
- Assisting with all activities related to the resolution of legal cases, including settlements, preparation of orders and tracking case activity
- Researching and drafting legal opinions, memoranda and other legal documents regarding Medicaid issues
The preferred candidate should have prior experience working in a law firm or government setting with a demonstrated interest in health care law and work experience providing legal advice and interpretations on substantive legal issues. Also, the preferred candidate will possess strong legal analysis skills, be detail oriented, and be able to work collaboratively and independently.
Admission to Ohio Bar pursuant to Section 4705.01 of Revised Code; 18 mos. exp. as licensed attorney; 6 mos. exp. in supervisory principles/techniques.
United States of America-OHIO-Franklin County-Columbus
Ohio Department of Medicaid
Bargaining Unit / Exempt
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Aug 27, 2021, 11:59:00 PM
Agency Contact Information
Clipped from: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/senior-staff-attorney-attorney-5-at-ohio-department-of-medicaid-2690912334/?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic