As a Health Insurance Specialist, you will track and coordinate engagements with the Government Accountability Office (GAO) and Office of Inspector General (OIG) including assisting with reviewing and editing written material and participating in internal CMS strategy and planning meetings.
What you’ll do:
- Coordinate activities with the GAO and OIG, including preparing summary reports of ongoing audits, scheduling and assisting with entrance and exit conference meetings, responding to requests for information and preparing official agency responses.
- Assists higher-graded analysts and/or managers with reconciling differences in the comments received from reviewing parties to produce an internally consistent, clear, and effective document that accurately reflects current Administration policies.
- With guidance or direction from higher-graded analyst or the supervisor, the incumbent researches information on topics that are or may become the subject of GAO/OIG audits.
- Assists in the preparation of background papers, fact sheets, and briefing materials relating to GAO/OIG audits of the Medicare, Medicaid, CHIP, and private health insurance programs.
Experience we’re looking for:
(1) Coordinate interactions with various stakeholders; AND
(2) Produce written documents (i.e., papers, fact sheets, summaries, talking points, briefing materials, or responses); AND
(3) Serve as a liaison to stakeholders on a wide variety of program initiatives and activities.
– OR –
Substitution of Education for Experience: You may substitute education for specialized experience at the GS-09 level by possessing a Master’s or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B. or J.D., if related to the position being filled.
– OR –
Combination of Experience and Education: Only graduate education in excess of the amount required for the GS-07 grade level may be used to qualify applicants for positions at the grade GS-09. Therefore, only education in excess of 1 full year of graduate level education may be used to combine education and experience
To see full list of eligibility criteria, see job posting on USAJOBs.
Clipped from: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/health-insurance-specialist-at-centers-for-medicare-medicaid-services-2691927126/?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic