- Job DescriptionOverview AIR’s Payer Innovation, Transformation, and Support program area is seeking a Senior Researcher with a strong background in Medicare and Medicaid policy to join AIR’s Health Division.
- The Senior Researcher will support projects ranging from technical assistance and implementation support to evaluation and analytical support for CMS, states, and foundations.
- Candidates hired for the position might initially start working remotely but will eventually have the option to work from one of our offices located in Arlington, VA; Washington, DC; Rockville, MD; Columbia, MD; Austin, TX; Chicago, IL; Chapel Hill, NC or Waltham, MA or continue to work remotely.
- About AIR:Established in 1946, with headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, AIR is a nonpartisan, not-for-profit institution that conducts behavioral and social science research and delivers technical assistance to solve some of the most urgent challenges in the , health, the workforce, human services, and international development to create a better, more equitable world.
- AIR’s commitment to diversity goes beyond legal compliance to its full integration in our strategy, operations, and work environment.
- At AIR, we define diversity broadly, considering everyone’s unique life and community experiences.
- We believe that embracing diverse perspectives, abilities/disabilities, racial/ethnic and cultural backgrounds, styles, ages, genders, gender identities and expressions, education backgrounds, and life stories drives innovation and employee engagement.
- Learn more about AIR’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Strategy and hear from our staff by clicking here.
- Responsibilities The responsibilities for the position include:Provide research and analytical leadership for major contract and grant research, implementation, technical assistance, and evaluation projects.
- Conceptualize the vision for the required work, provide support for project teams in developing and carrying out the work, follow sound project management practices to ensure the timely completion of all deliverables within budget, and with high quality research standards that meet client requirements.
- This position will require collaboration within and outside AIR, including with program providers, subject matter experts, as well as federal, state, and local agency officials.
- At least 4 years of experience working on Medicaid-related research.
- Experience conducting research on Medicare, state-based health exchanges, or health and human service programs is preferred but not required.
- Experience leading projects and/or tasks that require mixed methods:Designing and leading evaluations and other types of mixed methods research, including:Qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis, including interviewing, conducting surveys, calculating or using descriptive and inferential statistics.
- Using administrative data such as claims or other types of data used to administer large federal or state programs (Medicare, Medicaid, commercial health plan data, drug data, hospital data, TANF, SNAP, etc.)
- Understanding and analyzing regulatory, sub-regulatory, and guidance materials.
- Experience with, or exposure to, person-centered approaches and equity frameworks is desirable.
- Ability to independently conceptualize, organize, draft, revise, and manage written deliverables such as reports, memos, PowerPoint presentations, or other client-facing materials.
- Skills:Client management leadership skills: Ability to interpret and as needed, clarify, client requests and manage client expectations; ability to manage project scope; ability to translate client asks into operational processes for execution (identifying staff, identifying steps, developing timelines); experience overseeing or guiding teams of more junior staff, including quality assurance.
- AIR is seeking a Senior Researcher who values diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Comfortable working in a virtual/dispersed work environmentDisclosures:AIR requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or receive a legally required exemption from AIR, as a condition of employment.
- AIR will ask candidates to verify their vaccination status only after a conditional offer of employment is made.
- Applicants should not provide information about their vaccination status or need for exemption prior to receiving a conditional offer of employment from AIRApplicants must be currently authorized to work in the (including H-1B sponsorship) is not available for this position.
- Depending on project work, qualified candidates may need to meet certain residency requirements.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
- AIR adheres to strict child safeguarding principles.
- All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Best ways to apply to The American Institutes for Research
Clipped from: https://jobsearcher.com/j/senior-researcher-medicaid-at-the-american-institutes-for-research-in-oakland-ca-rnn1ZJg?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic