Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) takes pride in its community-based care model, which drives value-added tools and services to our communities, patients, physicians, and hospitals across the continuum of care. In addition, Steward Health Care Network promotes care coordination and collaboration within the network in order to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients. With Steward in the community, all residents can be sure that there is a world class doctor close to where they live.
The network is also responsible for the implementation and execution of our managed care contracts, medical management services, quality improvement programs, data analysis, and information services.
Position Purpose: Reporting to the Senior Manager of Analytics and in support of the Director of Medicaid ACO, the Senior Analyst serves as the key analytic resource to meet the information, reporting, and analytic needs of Steward Health Care Network (SHCN)’s Medicaid Accountable Care Organization.
- Conducts sophisticated business analyses to support Medicaid ACO program development and ongoing operations, grounded in deep expertise and functionality with both internal and publicly available Medicaid-related health care data sources
- Draft memos and bulletins that summarize key conclusions and findings of impact analyses to inform Steward’s leadership teams
- Analyze and recommend opportunities and financial impacts of strategic partnerships, new Medicaid programs, and key Medicaid ACO related initiatives
- Deliver accurate and on-time deliverables, including reports, cost estimates, models and ad-hoc analyses
- Develop and program comprehensive, timely, and accurate analyses, reports, and presentations on utilization, leakage, risk performance, care management, and quality metrics to support the operation of SHCN’s Medicaid ACO;
- Work with business and operational leaders to identify TME opportunities and quantify ROI for related programs
- Coordinate with Steward’s internal data, analytics, and information technology teams to manage data and reporting related to Medicaid programs
- Identify opportunities to improve and enhance the analysis and information provided to SHCN leadership, participating network providers, and community partner organizations
- Work with analysts and analytic tool vendors to improve standard report design
- Support ad hoc analytic requests, providing accurate and timely data, analysis and insightful interpretations
- Performs other duties as requested
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred
Years of Experience:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in healthcare, analytics, or informatics
- Possess strong analytic and technical skills plus an ability to translate complicated data into useable information;
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, deliver work products on deadline, and respond to new requests with fast turn-around, as needed
- Possess strong skills in SQL, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Organizational and project management skills to manage projects effectively;
- Demonstrated knowledge of relationships between health plans and providers, including detailed understanding of health plan data and familiarity with Medicaid and other public programs;
- Possess an in-depth understanding of claims data, including ICD-9 & CPT codes, DRGs, health status and risk adjusters;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to graphically present complex data; outstanding interpersonal skills; and ability to relate positively with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Creative, flexible, and self-motivated with sound judgment; ability to plan and implement;
- Commitment to service excellence
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.