Medicaid Billing Specialist
Ajilon is assisting with a search for a Medicaid Billing Specialist for a Client in Kansas City, MO. Your primary job duties will be responsible for billing and invoicing for all Medicaid programs as well as monthly, quarterly and annual reports, audits, tracking and drawdowns. Our ideal candidate would have exposure to Medicaid, at least 2 years of medical billing experience and have strong attention to detail and ability to make an appeal if necessary. This role will be on-site following social distancing guidelines with pay starting at $18ph and going up with experience. There are TONS of GROWTH opportunities in this role with potential to manage a team in 1-2 years. Read below for additional details!
- Responsible for billing, reviewing, and submitting files for the following programs and services: Consumer Directed Services, In Home, Money Follows the Person, HCBS Program, Employment Program, Transportation, and other organizational billings.
- Responsible for importing of the 835 files into the billing software; reconciling billed vs paid claims including Medicaid remittances; resubmitting corrected claims and identifying uncollectible claims.
- Provide staff information regarding billing discrepancies, ineligible claims, and Medicaid eligibility.
- Ensure organization is current and complies with federal and local healthcare regulations, policies, and procedures; disseminates information to staff as needed.
- Completes Quarterly and Annual Reporting for: Missouri Vocational Rehabilitation, Federal Grant, CDS Financials, Home Health Statistical Report, IL Grant application and other reports as needed.
- Responsible for Home Health month-end close; updating HCBS accounts receivable analysis; and Transportation Department analysis
- Responsible for utilization calculations/tracking for Home Health, In-Home & CDS.
- Responsible for Monthly tracking for MFP reimbursable & Employment Invoices.
- Responsible for the drawdown on Federal Grants according to CFO’s instructions.
- Completes various audit reports as scheduled.
- Assists accounting department with special projects as assigned.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent work experience
- At least 2 years medical billing experience with exposure to Medicaid Billing
- Skilled in the use of computers and the Microsoft Office and excel applications.
- Prior experience with eMOMED and any Medicaid billing software
- Strong organizational skills.
- Great customer and communication skills.
- Works under the pressure of deadlines.
- Ability to follow process procedures.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Great attention to detail!
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to learn quickly
Do you have experience with medical office administration or billing and are looking for an immediate opening? If so, apply now!! Go to www.ajilon.com and submit your resume for consideration.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please click here.
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Clipped from: https://www.ajilon.com/jobs/medicaid-billing-specialist/?ID=US_EN_7_849131_2821387&utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic