SHIFT: Day Job
Be part of an extraordinary team.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
RN Nurse Utilization Management l (Inpatient) (PS66175)
Location: Residence in the state of Tennessee required. This is a work@home position. Qualified applicants must reside within a reasonable commute to an Anthem office for training and technical needs.
How You Will Make An Impact
The Nurse Medical Management l for the Tennessee Health Plan is a member of the UM In-Patient Team and responsible for collaboration with healthcare providers and members to promote quality member outcomes, to optimize member benefits, and to promote effective use of resources for more complex medical issues. Ensures medically appropriate, high quality, cost effective care through assessing the medical necessity of inpatient admissions, outpatient services, focused surgical and diagnostic procedures, out of network services, and appropriateness of treatment setting by utilizing the applicable medical policy and industry standards, accurately interpreting benefits and managed care products, and steering members to appropriate providers, programs or community resources. Works with medical directors in interpreting appropriateness of care and accurate claims payment. May also manage appeals for services denied.
Primary Duties May Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Conducts review of initial and concurrent authorization requests for skilled nursing, acute and elective in-patient rehabilitation, long term acute care reviews, and acute in-patient to ensure compliance with applicable criteria, medical policy, and member eligibility, benefits, and contracts.
- Consults with clinical reviewers and/or medical directors to ensure medically appropriate, high quality, cost effective care throughout the medical management process.
- Collaborates with providers to assess member’s needs for early identification of and proactive planning for discharge planning.
- Facilitates member care transition through the healthcare continuum and refers treatment plans/plan of care to clinical reviewers as required and does not issue non-certifications.
- Facilitates accreditation by knowing, understanding, correctly interpreting, and accurately applying accrediting and regulatory requirements and standards.
- Current active unrestricted RN license to practice as a health professional in state of residence and 2 years acute care clinical experience or case management, utilization management or managed care experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities And Experiences
- Pediatric nursing experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of medical management process and ability to interpret and apply member contracts, member benefits, and managed care products.
- Prior managed care experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Clipped from: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/rn-utilization-management-remote-inpatient-medicaid-pediatrics-at-anthem-inc-2903922415/?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic