Patient Account Rep- Medicaid, Patient Financial Services, Full-Time, Days
We are looking for a Patient Account Representative- Medicaid to join our Patient Financial Services team in Albuquerque, NM.
This full-time job is located withLovelace Shared Services,organizational support departments for all Lovelace facilities including Coding, Finance, Health Information Management, Revenue Cycle, Marketing, and the Resource Team.We are dedicated to exceeding our customers’ expectations in every way.
Patient Account Representative- Medicaid Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible forcollecting insurance accounts for government and commercial payers.
- Manages and reconciles accounts, update and document financial data.
- Under general supervision, ability to prioritize and complete A/R collections in accordance with departmental policies and procedures within established deadlines for hospital claims.
- The ability to update and document financial data, utilizing excellent customer service skills to contact patients and insurance carriers to ensure accurate reimbursement.
- Insurance Follow-Up/Denials
- Commercial Insurance Follow Up- Denials/Appeals escalation spreadsheets reviews
- Medicaid Insurance Follow Up- Credits/Denials/Appeals/ Overpayment Variance
- Military/ IHS Insurance Follow Up- Credits/Denials
Patient Account Representative- Medicaid Education and Experience JobRequirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One to two (1-2) years previous customer service experience desired
- Ability to communicate effectively verbal and written
- Ability to work independently
- Must have computer skills with basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft outlook
- General Accounting and bookkeeping skills
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- NamedTopWorkplacebyAlbuquerqueJournal,2013, 2014and2015
- NamedtoModernHealthcare’s100BestPlacestoWorkfive timessince2008
Lovelace is a drug-free employer with smoke free campuses.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Clipped from: https://tarta.ai/j/pSbSt34BKrWuRFkYGjyC-patient-account-representative-medicaid-at-lovelace-health-system-inc?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic