The Product Strategy Analyst is passionate and motivated by Healthfirst’s mission and wants to make a lasting impact in healthcare. This individual will create significant impact by providing the analytical support to the Medicaid Product Strategy team to develop, assist in execution, and continuously improve upon a strategy that supports a profitable growth across the Medicaid market portfolio of products.
- Work collaboratively with finance analysis, sales, marketing and other departments as necessary to support market growth plans to achieve market growth and profitability objectives
- Compile information from multiple sources to prepare and distribute time-sensitive and accurate reporting for internal and external audiences
- Support team in analysis of the financial performance of the Medicaid Products, identify favorable and unfavorable trends, develop recommendations to improve trends, communicate recommendations to management through a P&L focused mindset
- Design, create, modify, support and maintain monthly competitive reports
- Prepare ad-hoc reporting as required by senior management and external partners
- Support team in creation of models to forecast growth performance and financial outcomes
- Effectively manage projects by setting clear project milestones and deliverables; clearly communicating goals, objectives and responsibilities. Participate in meetings to gather and specify departmental requirements for such projects
- Develop applications and reports using Microsoft Excel, Tableau and pertinent databases
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited institution
- SAS, SQL and/or Tableau skills with ability to query, compile, and manipulate large datasets
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- A tendency to take full ownership of a situation or deliverable. This means having pride in one’s work, being an expert in the area, and a willingness to do whatever it takes to get to a result.
- Understand and translate highly complex concepts to a wide range of audience. This means the ability to take a complex program or situation and break it down into simpler, constituent parts.
- Experience in analyzing membership growth and retention trends and identifying drivers
- Ability to efficiently validate data and analyses to identify potential errors in final results
- Highly analytical person who can demonstrates problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Strong public speaking and oral and written communication skills with the ability to translate data to business insights (in other words, you are an analytic storyteller)
- Team player who contributes to creating a positive work environment and willing to pull their sleeves up to get things done with a bias towards action and prototyping towards a solution.
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity and a desire to continue learning and growing. This means you want to go above and beyond to understand the business context.
- Experience working in a health care delivery system or a health insurance company
- Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid programs, health care, and managed care
- Python skills with ability to create automated data pulls and manipulations
- Strong blend of IQ & EQ