How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Medicare & Medicaid Billing Supervisor responsible for the supervision and coordination of the day to day activities of the Government Patient Accounting Department Medicare, Medicaid, Charity, Secondary billing, and follow up. This position is also responsible for maintaining and upgrading the current financial system (HCS), the billing system (MedAssets), as well as numerous Government related websites. The Supervisor ensures that new employees are equipped with the necessary knowledge, equipment, tools, supplies, and applications in order to perform adequately in their new role. The Supervisor maintains and monitors time and attendance records to ensure accuracy and proper staffing. This position also ensures compliance with regulations and JFK Health System standard operating procedures. Supervising, coaching, training, and leading the Medicare, Medicaid, charity, and secondary billing team.
- Reviews and ensures that daily electronic upload/download of billing and reporting activity has been run according to established procedures.
- Reviews and ensures that daily ‘State Charity’ required files are uploaded, corrected and sent to the appropriate state department for statistical/reconciliation reporting.
- Consistently works with the team to prevent accumulations of accounts that error by the electronic billing system.
- Responsible for overseeing that their team is kept up-to-date with the continuing changes in Government payor rules and regulations.
- Provides team with training and assistance. Makes sure everyone on there team is offered the same training to perform their daily functions.
- Works closely with both the billing system team leaders and the clearinghouses to ensure that claims are properly billed and reimbursed correctly.
- Performs job functions and follows all procedures when there is an absence in any one position.
- Responsible for maintaining all Government websites and their authorities for internal and external departments.
- Monitors staff interactions with all outside parties. Ensures that communications are appropriate and are done so while maintaining our service excellence culture.
- Orients new staff personnel regarding departmental policies and procedures.
- Provides annual written evaluation in a timely manner to address work performance, identifies learning needs, set mutual goals and address employee achievements.
- Maintains a fair, competent and objective demeanor, monitors on a daily basis their team’s performance.
- Identifies areas where improvement may be needed, documents and councils appropriately.
- When needed, institutes appropriate corrective action in a timely manner.
- Facilitates open communication within the department and with other departments.
- Demonstrates discretion in conversations with staff, patient and visitors in order to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Responsible for attending all required meetings to establish a plan of action, training, and continual department enhancements.
- Responsible for establishing all requirements needed for specific departments to perform their daily functions.
- Responsible for testing all functions to ensure proper functionality from previous systems to new.
- Training of entire staff and outside departments on system use as well as continuing support for issues and additional ‘online’ help sessions.
- Works closely with assigned system representatives to ensure that claims are properly coded, demographics correct, as well as any insurance changes are implemented.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- High School Diploma or Equivalency required
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a hospital or business office setting performing Medicare/Medicaid billing required
- Advanced understanding of hospital billing required
- Advanced understanding of ICD-10, HCPCS/CPT coding and medical terminology required.
- Advanced understanding of compliance guidelines required
- PC Literate, Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, & Office, phone & fax required
- CPAT Certification preferred
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Clipped from: https://jobs.hackensackmeridianhealth.org/job/hackensack/medicare-and-medicaid-billing-supervisor/19511/11359882528?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic