ORAU is seeking a qualified candidate to work with the as an ORAU employee. This exciting work will last one or more years, and the successful candidate will become a temporary employee of ORAU assigned to the Centers for Medicare and Medicare Services Innovation Center (CMMI).
CMMI was established by Congress in 2010 to identify ways to improve healthcare quality and reduce costs in the Medicare, Medicaid, and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) programs. Following this charge, CMMI, through its models, initiatives and Congressionally-mandated demonstrations, has accelerated the shift from a health care system that pays for volume to one that pays for value. CMMI models are also researching and testing different approaches to innovative information technology systems which are essential to supporting this value transformation. CMMI is looking for STEM talent; specifically we need up to 2 Innovation Model IT analysts each with knowledge of systems, computer programming, product development and product management to balance requirements/planning/prioritizing backlogs for the systems that support ACO population models as well as systems that support condition focused and bundled payment models. The person(s) in this role will help teams navigate backlogs and features and help ensure we are maximizing efficiencies in design and development to support multiple models. Innovation Model IT analysts will analyze and research design/development approaches so that systems can best meet/adapt to the needs of multiple models. Additionally, Innovation Model IT analysts will play a strong role in helping teams discuss, translate and prioritize their needs with OIT and contractor sprint teams.
This position will be located at the CMS Baltimore, MD facility; however, remote work may be temporarily approved due to COVID-19.
Essential duties are as follows.
- Review model-specific requirements with model teams to gain understanding of model structure/needs.
- Assimilate view of requirements across new and upcoming models –prioritize/identify efficiencies and assess number of sprints/sprint team composition needed to implement requirements.
- Participate in requirements sessions with model team and contractors.
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders.
- Ensure design approach/technical specifications designed flexibly to best meet needs across multiple innovation models.
The Education, Experience, and Skills desired for this role include the following:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science is required.
- At least 6 months of combined work experience in software development and/or product development and/or product management.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle using agile approach.
- Experience with system design and experience with computer programming.
- Knowledge of at least one programming language.
- Knowledge of requirements development.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Knowledge of system architecture.
- Experience with agile software development concepts.
- Ability to prioritize requirements, manage backlog and improve efficiency of design approach.
- Strong communication skills to translate nontechnical business requirements into coding requirements.
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services and or Azure or other cloud computing a plus.
- Any experience analyzing health care data or other Medicare data a plus.
Clipped from: https://www.glassdoor.com/job-listing/it-modeling-analyst-for-centers-of-medicare-and-medicaid-services-orau-JV_IC1153527_KO0,65_KE66,70.htm?jl=4013422262&utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic