With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level.
CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions:
* 2020 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to Work
* 2020 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence
* Top 101 2020 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation
* 2020 Healthiest 100 Workplace in America
* 2021 Top Workplaces USA
CBIZ Benefits & Insurance Services is a division of CBIZ, Inc., providing benefits consulting, HRIS technology, payroll, human capital management, property and casualty, talent and compensation solutions, and retirement & investment solutions to organizations of all sizes. CBIZ is ranked as a Top 20 Largest Broker of U.S. Business (Business Insurance Magazine) and a Top 100 Retirement Plan Adviser (PLANADVISER).
Essential Functions and Primary Duties:
* Assisting patients in applying for financial assistance through Medicaid on behalf of our client facility.
* Interviewing patients or authorized representatives via phone or in person to gather information to determine eligibility for medical benefits.
* Obtaining, verifying, and calculating income and resources to determine client financial eligibility.
* Documenting case records using automated systems to form a record for each client.
* Following up with applicants to obtain accurate and complete information within strict timeframes.
* Completing/following up on all forms related to Medicaid eligibility.
* Performing any additional tasks related to the position assigned by the Manager.
* Bachelor’s degree.
* Knowledge of Medicaid and Charity Care.
* Experience working in a hospital environment.
* Ability to speak and read Spanish.
* High school diploma/GED.
* Must be ambitious and self-directed in a fast-paced environment and can perform in a high volume, multitasking setting.
* Must be trustworthy, professional, detail and goal oriented.
* Must have exceptional customer service and excellent verbal/written communication skills.
* Must be able to learn and work with Medicaid eligibility regulations.