SHIFT: Day Job
Anthem, Inc. is an innovative company dedicated to total personal health by making insurance more accessible. Through our affiliated companies, Anthem serves more than 106 million people, including more than 42 million within our family of health plans – that’s one in eight Americans.
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
Responsible for managing or co-managing research projects from inception to results reporting in support of Anthem’s Government Business Division (GBD).
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Assess and consult on the business situation, information needs, and scope appropriate methods and approaches to address business stakeholder needs.
- Design data collection tools and works with in-house software tools and/or vendors to collect and interpret qualitative and quantitative data.
- Determine sources of secondary data, including pre-existing primary research, and retrieves and analyze data to synthesize a summary of findings.
- Collaborate with data science teams on larger quantitative surveys to elicit deeper insights gained from internal databases for profiling and predictive models.
- Create PowerPoint results reports of findings with implications and recommendations incorporating findings from both primary and secondary research.
- Requires a BA/BS degree in marketing or business; 3 years of experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Experience with common research software, such as qualitative community platforms, and/or Qualtrics (or similar), and/or SPSS or SAS is required.
- Familiarity with research practices for advertising messaging, value proposition, concept development and testing, member experience, user experience, or human-centered design practices is preferred.
- Health insurance industry or managed care experience – particularly for Medicare Advantage or Medicaid – is preferred.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.