Contracts and Policy Analyst
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs, and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry. AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona.
Contracts and Policy Analyst
Salary: $47,476 – $50,000
The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Contract and Policy Analyst. This position is responsible for the tracking and maintenance of managed care contracts, medical and/or operational policies, guides and manuals and requires that numerous actions be accomplished to ensure that all aspects of the process are completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position is responsible to maintain ongoing working knowledge of policies and contracts in order to ensure provisions remain accurate across policies and contracts, as appropriate. Although this position may work on both contract and policy, it may be required to maintain an area of focus on one or the other for a period of time.
* Overseeing the preparation, distribution and tracking of AHCCCS managed care contractor policies, forms, attachments, guides and manuals and other materials for Policy Committee review, public comment feedback and/or AHCCCS review and approval.
* Solicit input on critical contract provisions/revisions from stakeholders within and outside DHCM, arrange meetings with stakeholders incorporate input into solicitations and/or contract amendments and track contract revisions for future contract cycles.
* Assist in preparing the required documentation for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) to obtain approval of new and renewal contracts within established timeframes.
* Assists with contract development/amendments and/or RFP process as needed within the unit.
* Manages ad hoc administrative projects and conducts other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSAs):
* Extensive knowledge of technical writing and editing, contract and policy development and distribution processes.
* Knowledge of Medicaid managed care program and managed care principles.
* Ability to synthesize and consolidate technical information into clear and concisely written guidance documents.
* Must possess organizational skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and the ability to prioritize projects and manage competing deadlines to ensure successful project completion.
* Work cooperatively with others (internal and external customers and stakeholders) and to provide guidance to other unit or division staff as needed.
* Bachelor’s degree in a field related to the functions of this position
* Direct experience (2-4 years) in a health care environment or health care administration.
* Two to three years experience in a regulatory environment and experience with Medicaid managed care contracting.
Arizona Drivers License
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-417-4497.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.