Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
1. POSITION SUMMARY
The scope of this position includes deploying a comprehensive coverage and reimbursement strategy for the Infectious Disease (ID) portfolio in the US which includes the leading the point-of-care (POC) molecular platform ID NOW and other tests as required. During the Public Health Emergency, the Market Access Managers (MAM) is laser focused is on coverage and appropriate reimbursement Influenza Like Illness (COVID-19, Influenza, RSV and Strep) tests, and implementation of a One Abbott solution for COVID-19 testing.
The Market Access Manager, Westwill be responsible for executing on the broader coverage and reimbursement strategy by developing regional/local reimbursement initiatives in conjunction with Market Access Advocacy Manager (MAAMs), other MAMs, KOLs and the field sales team(s). Similarly, the MAM is responsible for coordinating efforts between S&L Government Affairs Directors on FFS Medicaid challenges, and working in concert with the Market Access Director on FFS Medicare related issues and opportunities as appropriate.
The ID NOW and other Abbot Point of Care testing products are used across multiple market segments including: Health Systems, Hospitals and Physician Offices, Urgent Care, Retail Health/Pharmacy with other emerging potential sites of care testing due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This individual will be the Subject Matter Expert (SME); and field based resource for their assigned Regional and National, Medicare Advantage and Managed Medicaid accounts on all coverage and reimbursement activities. They will also be responsible for having a comprehensive understanding of FFS Medicare, Medicaid and other Government entities such a VA/DoD, BIA, etc.
2. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – (KEY ACTIVITIES)
– Compliantly engage directly with payers in assigned Region to effectively communicate value of ID portfolio to secure favorable coverage reimbursement policy decisions.
– Communicate effectively and build strong relationship with field sales teams to support complaint access and appropriate reimbursement in POL setting. Align on deliverables and needs with ASD’s, RD’s, TS’s and AE’s in the markets for both current and future needs.
– E xecute on payer advocacy efforts in coordination with MAAM, local/regional ARDx and IDDM cross-functional and Abbott cross-divisional teams in Region to support appropriate.
– Support field sales teams and MAAM in identifying clinician advocates (KOLs) to support and further IDDM initiatives impacting payers, associations and government policy.
– Work with Abbott S&L Government Affairs counterparts on Medicaid coverage and reimbursement challenges.
– Develop compliant regional Market Access reimbursement strategy by key product sector by analyzing data from various sources to inform comprehensive strategy and to build organizational alignment.
– Contribute to the broader IDDM organization and other Abbott Divisions as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the US reimbursement landscape across the broad continuum of sites of care. Be prepared to engage in special projects as assigned by Market Access Director.
– Participate in complaint third party support initiatives with established companies and organizations including CodeMap, leading outside reimbursement law firms, and consultants as appropriate with guidance from Market Access Director and Marketing Analyst.
– Complete all training and other administrative responsibilities in a timely fashion.
– Seven to ten (7-10) + years of relevant (Market Access/Managed Care) industry experience. History in point-of-care (POC) diagnostics and molecular platforms preferred.
– People management experience highly desirable or comparable professional experience.
– Demonstrated understanding of the varied payment methodology utilized at the sites of care for the ID NOW portfolio.
– Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to create and deliver professional and impactful presentations.
– Strong multi-tasking and project management skills needed.
– Demonstrates understanding of the applicable industry regulations and quality management systems including approved product labeling.
– Bachelor’s degree required. MD, PhD, PharmD, MS/MHA/MBA preferred.