Department: Iowa Medicaid Services
Location: Des Moines, IA
The Operations Manager provides guidance, leadership, planning, and reporting to the assigned business unit. This position ensures the assigned business unit is administering the organizations contracts with the best possible service while maintaining contract expectations and within budget constraints and optimizing staffing levels.
Key Performance Indicators
- Provides team oversight and direction
- Meets contract obligations
- Promotes efficiency
- Coaches and develops staff by encouraging growth and ensuring staff are meeting performance expectations
- Ensures the organization meets all contractual expectations
- Manages budgets and works to meet requirements with available funding
- Ensures responsiveness to audit findings and implements timely changes as appropriate
- Ensures strong internal controls and compliance programs within responsible operations
- Initiates process improvements and technology implementation
- Initiates disciplinary action when performance does not meet expectations
- Leads by example by promoting teamwork, recognition, and leadership while demonstrating the company values
- May provide guidance on evaluating the circumstances of cases related to suspected fraud to support potential investigations and fraud prevention procedures
- Assist in organizational and corporate growth opportunities
- Responds to and implements changes in a flexible, positive manner
- Participates as the area subject-matter expert during business development activities as needed
Non-Essential Duties and Functions
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, or closely related field or equivalent work experience as determined by HR
- 4 years’ experience managing staff
- Knowledge of management theories and practices
- Understands computer information systems
- Knowledge of basic accounting practices
- KEY PERSONNEL REQUIREMENTS:
- 4 years’ experience managing claims processing operations and personnel for a Medicaid state entity, fiscal agent or private sector health care payor
- 2 years’ MMIS experience
Above requirements and the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Management
- 5 years’ experience managing staff
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to motivate and manage a large group of people
- Ability to direct and maintain a productive and conducive working environment
- Ability to coordinate activities among co-workers
- Ability to develop problem solving skills within staff
- Strong analytical skills
Environment and Cognitive/Physical Demands
- Office Environment
- Ability to read, hear, speak, keyboard, reason, communicate effectively and problem solve
- Requires prolonged sitting and telephone use
- Requires the use of office equipment such as computer terminals, telephones, copiers, and printers
- Infrequent lifting to 15 pounds
- Infrequent stooping
Segregation of Duties
Every employee is responsible to perform their duties and responsibilities in accordance with Noridian values, policies and procedures, including but not limited to: Segregation of Duties Principles, HIPAA, Security and Privacy, CMS requirements, the Noridian Compliance Program and any other applicable laws, rules and regulations.
Statement of Other Duties
This document describes the essential functions, requirements, and responsibilities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Employees may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those specifically listed in this description and may be required to perform any task requested by the supervisor or management.
Total Rewards Package:
Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, Voluntary Insurance Plans, Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts, 401k and Company Match, Company-paid Life Insurance, Education Assistance Program, Paid Sick Leave, Paid Holidays, Increasing PTO Accrual Plan, Medical/Parental/Disability Leave, Workers Compensation, Retiree Benefits, Severance Package, Employee Assistance Program, Financial and Health Wellness Benefits, Casual Dress, Open Office Setting, and Online Learning System.
CMS Access Compliance and Regulation Contingency Statement
Some positions require compliance with (i) federal and agency specific regulations and related clauses included in Noridian’s prime contracts with the Government, (ii) background checks, and (iii) eligibility for a government-issued identification card.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities as well as Sexual Orientation or Gender Identity.
Noridian is a Federal Contractor required to comply with the Executive Order 14042 and the guidance released by the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force. This Order requires us to ensure all employees working on covered contracts are vaccinated against COVID-19 unless approved for an accommodation due to a medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief. All candidates must be fully vaccinated upon their start date or have an approved accommodation. To request an accommodation, please contact our Human Resources department at email@example.com.
As of December 7, 2021 the nationwide Federal Mandate has been put on hold. At this time, candidates would not be required to be vaccinated or have an approved accommodation, however if the Executive Order 14042 / Federal Mandate is deemed Legal by court rulings, candidates and employees would need to comply.
Clipped from: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/manager-operations-iowa-medicaid-at-noridian-healthcare-solutions-llc-3128396021/?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic