Found in: Talent US Sponsored – calendar_today 16 hours ago
In house Legal Counsel role primarily responsible for day-to-day legal support of the company’s Medicaid managed care plans.
Your career starts now. We’re looking for the next generation of health care leaders.
At AmeriHealth Caritas, we’re passionate about helping people get care, stay well and build healthy communities. As one of the nation’s leaders in health care solutions, we offer our associates the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people through our national footprint of products, services and award-winning programs. AmeriHealth Caritas is seeking talented, passionate individuals to join our team. Together we can build healthier communities. If you want to make a difference, we’d like to hear from you.
Headquartered in Philadelphia, AmeriHealth Caritas is a mission-driven organization with more than 30 years of experience. We deliver comprehensive, outcomes-driven care to those who need it most. We offer integrated managed care products, pharmaceutical benefit management and specialty pharmacy services, behavioral health services, and other administrative services. Discover more about us at
Primarily responsible for day-to-day legal support of the company’s Medicaid managed care plans as detailed herein. Provides professional legal counsel on a variety of complex or specialized legal activities in accordance with the established standards of the legal profession to protect the organization’s reputation and business interests and help ensure it complies with all relevant laws, regulations and contractual requirements. Provide legal advice within area of expertise to area managers to ensure their activities, policies, business practices, and transactions comply with all relevant laws, regulations and contractual requirements. Makes recommendations to senior management on how to respond to legal issues or proposed changes in laws, regulations and contractual requirements. Reviews and approves legal contracts, letters of agreement, policies and procedures, responses to regulatory inquiries, responses to Request for Proposals and other documents related to a variety of operational matters to protect the organization’s legal and business interests.
- License to practice law in PA or another state.
- Knowledge and experience in: Health Care and laws and regulations pertaining to Medicaid managed care, Medicare, and commercial exchange; Provider contracts and Provider-related litigation; vendor contracts; and/or business transactions.
- Experience providing legal support to Medicaid managed care organizations preferred but not required.
- 7-10 years of experience after receiving law degree.
- Strong analytical skills and written and verbal communication skills a must.
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
- Collaborative style.