Resp & Qualifications Lead IT Business Analyst, Medicaid Solutions We are looking for a talented Lead Technical Business Analyst to join the revolution in health care IT We are working on “the big picture” of the future of health care information technology and what we do touches the lives of millions of people. Today, we are looking for a multi-talented Lead Business/Systems Analyst who wants to make a difference; be change-maker, while working together to build a leaner approach to business solutions through technology and really make an impact on our Medicaid Solutions team and our success. At CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield, you will have the opportunity to influence the direction of health care by participating at an expert-level with the feasibility of the most complex enhancements, automations and implementations review, analysis, and evaluation of current and future business processes. Explore alternative business solutions – is liaison to business/IT/Shared Services to explain choices and implications – works closely with system analyst to help create POCs and alternative solutions to create, maintain and enhance business value. Develop solutions that solve the most complex technical and/or business issues. Ideally, you will bring experience managing and facilitating JAD sessions, expertly gather and prioritize systems requirements and proactively identify various opportunities and enhancements with specific healthcare payer-side authorization, claims adjudication, etc. while independently leading or participate in all phases of the software development life cycle, with focus on defining the underlying business needs, documenting those needs, validating conceptual systems designs, and assuring delivery quality through comprehensive testing and training. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: * Lead and participate at an expert-level with the feasibility of the most complex enhancements, automations and implementations review, analysis, and evaluation of current and future business processes.
* Explore alternative business solutions – is liaison to business/IT/Shared Services to explain choices and implications – works closely with system analyst to help create POCs and alternative solutions to create, maintain and enhance business value.
* Develop solutions that solve the most complex technical and/or business issues.
* Proactively identifies opportunities and enhancements. Independently lead or participate in all phases of the software development life cycle, with focus on defining the underlying business needs, documenting those needs, validating conceptual systems designs, and assuring delivery quality through comprehensive testing and training.
* Analyze define and interpret business needs and issues by gathering, analyzing, documenting, and validating the Business area(s) and user(s) technical (functional/non-functional) requirements.
* Create PRD (Project Requirements Document) for most complex enhancements, automations and implementations including defining Business, User and functional and non-functional requirements needed for approval by Business and for use by Design, Development and Testing teams.
* Create Requirements Management Plan to define, organize and schedule requirements management and development activities. Lead requirements analysis and verification sessions. Produces Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) and RTM gap analysis reports.
* Track and manage open issues and plan for resolution. Troubleshoot systems problems, identify cause of problems, work with appropriate group to correct problem. Maintain communications with technical counterparts to guide the issues to cross-functional resolution and adopt best practices and ensure integration of specific application architecture into overall enterprise technology strategy.
* Lead testing efforts by defining, developing, and implementing practices and procedures for complete end user test plans. Ensures all tests are conducted and documented according to standards. Identifies and documents system deficiencies and recommends solutions.
* Responsible for overall success of testing, including results verification and release. Coordinates groups of end users who test, evaluate, and validate new functions and applications and identify issues in software or services to ensure continuing operational quality by documenting fixes and enhancements. Providing guidance and training to application end users. Provides ongoing assistance to software developers and testers to resolve defects during the testing process. Leads development sessions and design reviews to ensure design meets user requirements.
* Reviews, edits, analyze and create detailed documentation of business systems and user needs. Responsible for writing all documentation in clear and well-organized manner including SOPs and training manuals.
* Use project management techniques to establish roles and responsibilities, monitor project and request status and workload, and ensure deliverables of high quality, effectiveness, and timeliness and manage assigned enhancements, automations, and implementations from concept through implementation. Creates, develops, and maintains project schedules for key deliverables by developing project plan, monitoring milestone completion, and coordinating project progress. Develops key project deliverables including requirements specifications, use cases, system test cases, training and documentation and user manuals for the most complex enhancements, automations, and implementations. Manages the sequencing of releases to meet business needs. ADDITIONAL KNOWLEADGE, ABILITIES & SKILLS: * Relevant business and systems subject matter expertise with the ability to work independently and as part of a team ad have excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to build consensus and agreement and bring resolution to contentious issues and entrenched interests.
* Have proven ability to lead problem-solving discussions with attention to detail and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, advanced written and verbal communication skills, excellent organizational skills, and ability to set priorities and handle multiple projects concurrently.
* High level of analytical and problem-solving skills with extensive PC skills including Microsoft office software such as Word, Excel, VISIO and Power Point and experience in accurately modeling requirements using at least one if not more of the following: Functional Decomposition, Data Flow Diagrams, User Context Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Decision Needs, Workflow modeling, Use Cases, Use Case Model Survey and Use Case Specification, Process Modeling, Prototyping
* Demonstrated leadership skills.
* Experience with coaching, mentoring, and providing feedback to associates as well as leading small teams of junior analysts. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS: * This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Business or relevant work experience in business analysis, systems analysis and/or testing background and 6+ years of direct Business Analyst experience
* Experience in business process analysis, Workflow, task analysis, user acceptance testing and requirements analysis with proven ability to elicit, document, analyze and verify requirements.
* Strong experience with user acceptance testing concepts, proven ability to work well as a team, demonstrated ability to lead problem solving business/technology teams and projects, have technical writing experience and training experience.
* Minimum of 4 years of demonstrated successful use of SDLC methodology or demonstrated knowledge of business processes related to the business area supporting and must demonstrate understanding of industry standard Business Analysis Best Practices. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: * Knowledge of organization and operations of the business area supporting and understands basic Internet and client/server architectures.
* BA certification with experience using Requirements Management tools, experience in the healthcare insurance industry, especially BCBS plans.
* Experience with software testing, test management and defect tracking tools. Equal Employment Opportunity CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Hire Range Disclaimer Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history. Where To Apply Please visit our website to apply: ~~~/careers Closing Date Please apply before: 1/10/2021 Federal Disc/Physical Demand Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs. PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted. Sponsorship in US Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship
Monday, February 1, 2021
Clipped from: https://www.baltimorejobsite.com/jobs/search?id=1399793500&tx=VZ6073TTZ&pt=1&aff=3303BC1B-C50D-4D0E-A438-CA40C53942FA&utm_source=Job+Feed&utm_medium=tideri&utm_campaign=LU&utm_term=3303BC1B-C50D-4D0E-A438-CA40C53942FA&txo=UU5266TTZ&rgv=3&mlp=1