Clipped from: https://jobsearcher.com/j/health-researcher-medicaid-at-american-institutes-for-research-in-rockville-md-aKlK5xx?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic
- AIRs Payer Innovation, Transformation, and Support program area is seeking a Researcher with a strong background in Medicare and Medicaid policy to join AIRs Health Division.
- The Researcher will support projects ranging from technical assistance and implementation support to evaluation and analytical support for CMS, states, and foundations.
- Candidates hired for the position might initially start working remotely but will eventually have the option to work from one of our offices located in Arlington, VA; Rockville, MD; Austin, TX; Chicago, IL; Chapel Hill, NC or Waltham, MA or continue to work remotely.
- Established in 1946, with headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, AIR is a nonpartisan, not-for-profit institution that conducts behavioral and social science research and delivers technical assistance to solve some of the most urgent challenges in the U.S. and around the world.
- We advance evidence in the areas of education, health, the workforce, human services, and international development to create a better, more equitable world.
- AIRs commitment to diversity goes beyond legal compliance to its full integration in our strategy, operations, and work environment.
- At AIR, we define diversity broadly, considering everyones unique life and community experiences.
- We believe that embracing diverse perspectives, abilities/disabilities, racial/ethnic and cultural backgrounds, styles, ages, genders, gender identities and expressions, education backgrounds, and life stories drives innovation and employee engagement.
- Learn more about AIR’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Strategy and hear from our staff by clicking here.
- Provide research and analytical support and task-level leadership for major contract and grant research, implementation, technical assistance, and evaluation projects.
- Support project teams in developing and carrying out the work, manage small teams under the leadership of Senior and Principal Researchers to ensure the timely completion of all deliverables within budget, and with high quality research standards that meet client requirements.
- This position will require collaboration within and outside AIR, including with program providers, subject matter experts, as well as federal, state, and local agency officials.
- Masters degree in health administration, MPP, MBA or MPA (with health-related focus/concentrations) with 4+ years of experience in a similar contracted research/consulting firm, Federal or State-level government, or foundation that conducts policy and health services research, or PhD in public policy, economics, psychology, sociology, anthropology, other social science discipline.
- At least 2 years of experience working on Medicaid-related research.
- Some experience with research on either Medicare or state-based health exchanges is preferred but not required.
- AIR is seeking a Researcher who values diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Comfortable working in a virtual/dispersed work environment.
- AIR requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or receive a legally required exemption from AIR, as a condition of employment.
- AIR will ask candidates to verify their vaccination status only after a conditional offer of employment is made.
- Applicants should not provide information about their vaccination status or need for exemption prior to receiving a conditional offer of employment from AIR
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis.
- Employment-based visa sponsorship (including H-1B sponsorship) is not available for this position.
- Depending on project work, qualified candidates may need to meet certain residency requirements.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
- AIR adheres to strict child safeguarding principles.
- All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Stand out and contact American Institutes for Research directly
Updated 3 days ago