iRhythm is a leading digital healthcare company focused on the way cardiac arrhythmias are clinically diagnosed by combining our wearable bio sensing technology with powerful cloud-based data analytics and Artificial Intelligence capabilities. Our goal is to be the leading provider of ambulatory ECG monitoring for patients at risk for arrhythmias. iRhythm’s continuous ambulatory monitoring has already put over 2 million patients and their doctors on a shorter path to what they both need – answer.
About this role:
iRhythm is currently seeking an experienced Director, Payer Relations, Medicaid. Our work environment is fast-paced, with a collaborative atmosphere. Most of all, we are passionate about delivering innovations that improve the quality of health care and the patient experience. We are looking for like-minded individuals to join our team today!
The Director, Payer Relations will be responsible for ongoing strategic innovation, cross-functional collaboration and the development and execution of pricing and market access strategies. This role will create and deliver Managed Market and Market Access strategies that differentiate and demonstrate a patient-centered approach, while leading and managing reimbursement. This role reports directly to the VP Market Access and Health Policy.
Specific job responsibilities include:
Contracting – Health plan
- Develop strong relationships with target payer organizations that help iRhythm achieve revenue/EBIDTA goals
- Determine important payer contacts at various levels within the health plan, and engage with iRhythm employees to establish relationships with peer counterparts.
- Develop and manage relationships with executives at multiple health plans, locally and nationally.
- Successfully negotiate value based contracts with various health plans using a diverse range of techniques and contracting best practices.
- Manage contractual relationships and ensure accurate administration of contract terms including informing the various contracted health plans about newly credentialed providers.
Strategy and Pricing
- Execute payer strategies with overall company direction and corporate goals
- Work collaboratively with Sales/Marketing to connect payer, provider and related marketing strategies.
- Work with VP of Health Policy and Market Access to analyze, evaluate and execute regional and national payer approach. Prioritize payer targets to maximize value for iRhythm.
- Proactively identify and recommend new growth opportunities (primarily within the payer community), creating the required business case and gaining approval.
- Lead key meetings with customers on how to maximize the value proposition.
- Act, along with the VP of Health Policy and Market Access, as one of the primary liaisons between iRhythm and payer organizations, strengthening our overall relationship and creating a mutual loyalty.
- Ensure that all payer relationships are managed in accordance with iRhythm standards.
- Support regional sales management to quickly impact new high potential accounts and assure that billing and reimbursement issues are appropriately managed at the outset and payer contracts are in place.
- Liaison with marketing to create best of class support materials for field sales, payer advocates, and customer service
- Provide market knowledge to assist in the development of physician advocacy, gather key data resources and/or acquire analytical tools necessary to better evaluate the effectiveness of customer messaging.
- Partner with Sales on value proposition discussions and develop messaging and tools that drive coverage and reimbursement growth and achieve overall financial goals.
- Identify and recommend appropriate operational changes to achieve maximum efficiency with payers.
A dynamic leader, networker and influencer, a strong communicator with both internal and external stakeholders. The person will play a key role in guiding the strategic direction of the organization, be responsible for driving growth in new business areas and devising creative solutions to overcome obstacles to facilitate patient access. We are looking for passionate and collaborative professionals with proven experience in their field.
- Bachelor’s degree, with at least 8-10 years of payer relations and reimbursement experience; field sales experience preferred
- 5-7 years’ experience in medical device industry with similar reimbursement criteria.
- Demonstrated experience working with executive level groups within large health institutions to influence reimbursement coverage decisions.
- Self-motivated and disciplined to meet deadlines in the context of competing priorities and projects.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office programs.
- Must be able to travel at least 50% of the time.
What’s in it for you:
This is a full-time position with competitive compensation package, excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance (all of which start on your first day), paid holidays, and PTO!
iRhythm also provides additional benefits including 401K (with company match), an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid parental leave, pet insurance discount, Cultural Committee/Charity events, and so much more!
FLSA Status: Exempt
As a part of our core values, we ensure a diverse and inclusive workforce. We welcome and celebrate people of all backgrounds, experiences, skills, and perspectives. iRhythm Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/V/D). Pursuant to San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Make iRhythm your path forward.
Clipped from: https://www.sanfranjobs.com/job/detail/57018707/Director-of-Payer-Relations-Medicaid?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic