SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Empire Blue Cross, a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies, it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care. This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve.
Behavioral Health Case Manager l – NY Medicaid – Adult Population (PS56943)
Location: This position will be 100% telephonic and [email protected] Must reside in New York or Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Connecticut or contiguous state. Requires NY clinical license.
The Behavioral Health Case Manager l is responsible for performing telephonic case management within the scope of licensure for members with behavioral health and substance abuse disorder needs. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Uses appropriate screening criteria, knowledge and clinical judgment to assess member needs. Conducts assessments to identify individual needs and develops care plan to address objectives and goals as identified during assessment.
- Monitors and evaluates effectiveness of care plan and modifies plan as needed.
- Supports member access to appropriate quality and cost-effective care.
- Coordinates with internal and external resources to meet identified needs of the members and collaborates with providers.
- Requires MS or MA in social work, counseling, nursing or a related behavioral health field; 3 years clinical experience in social work, counseling with broad range of experience with complex psychiatric and substance abuse or substance abuse disorder treatment; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Current active unrestricted license as an RN, LCSW, LMHC, LMSW, LMFT, or Clinical Psychologist to practice as a health professional within the scope of licensure in New York.
- Experience working with a range of complex psychiatric / substance abuse and/or medical disorders preferred.
- Experience in case management (Adult population) and telephonic coaching.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) + match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.