SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America’s leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Given Anthem’s scale, balance sheet, broad national reach and depth at the local market level, Anthem has established a new business unit called the Diversified Business Group. The Diversified Business Group is a solutions-oriented business unit within the Company that will support Anthem and other external clients in the pursuit of transforming healthcare.
DBG Client Development Dir
Location: This position will be remote.
Responsible for the development of new client accounts. Potential clients include: health plans and health benefits administrators/TPAs, employer groups, benefit consultants, state and federal government entities (i.e. CMS, state Medicaid), healthcare providers and integrated delivery systems/accountable care organizations (ACO).
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Develops strategies and executes plans to identify, target, and secure new sales to achieve goals in growth, profitability, retention, and strategic value.
- Sells the DBG value proposition to Medicaid / Commercial and Specialty Business Division.
- Provides consultative subject matter expert information on the suite of products offered by DBG.
- Designs and implements standard and customized bundles of DBG services to seize unique cost-of-care and quality improvement opportunities for client groups.
- Builds effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Understands the issues specific to the client and applies knowledge, insight and experience into strategic recommendations.
- Understands the business processes that the system supports.
- May develop product and sales support messaging and materials, and provide input into the design of an account planning and renewal strategy.
- Requires a BA/BS in health care related field; 7 years of experience in account management, sales and/or operations in the health care industry; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- MBA preferred.
- Requires a successful track record of selling specialty care/benefit management services and technology for leading healthcare companies to target customers.
- Experience with Medicaid insurance strongly preferred.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Clipped from: https://tarta.ai/j/cSHzhXkBZ8fVeInGNGkB-client-development-director-medicaid-in-new-haven-ct-at-anthem-career-site?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic