The Office of Health Affairs are West Virginia University is seeking applications for a Medicaid Claims Data Specialist (Research Associate) located in Charleston, WV. The Medicaid Claims Data Specialist is a key participant in the State-University partnership between the West Virginia University Office of Health Affairs and the West Virginia Department for Health and Human Resources (WV DHHR). Overarching responsibilities include implementation and management of a data science training program to assist faculty and staff at Office of Health Affairs in analyzing administrative Medicaid claims and other state data sources. This position will also be responsible for working with the WV DHHR to leverage data resources and support analytic needs, overseeing the use of state data sources for research at West Virginia University, participating in interdisciplinary research and evaluation teams, and providing oversight and management of other data analysts and personnel embedded within the Department for Health and Human Resources. The Medicaid Claims Data Specialsit will be an employee of the West Virginia University Office of Health Affairs, however, this individual will be embedded within the Department for Health and Human Resource’s Bureau for Medical Services and will work full-time out of the Office of Health Affairs offices in Charleston, West Virginia.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Provide training in the analysis of administrative Medicaid claims data using SAS or other statistical analysis packages to other faculty, staff, and students at West Virginia University
- Serves as a University representative and liaison to the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources for the planning and performance of projects, programs and activities involving health data analytics and program evaluation.
- Oversee data governance and data stewardship for the West Virginia University Office of Health Affair
- Manage a standardized data science training program for faculty and staff in the West Virginia University Office of Health Affair
- Work as part of a team to advance the partnership between the West Virginia University Health Sciences Center and the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources
- Oversee and conduct analyses of Medicaid claims data and other state data sources at the direction of leadership within the Office of Health Affairs or Department for Health and Human Resource
- Support both West Virginia University faculty as well as leadership within the Department for Health and Human Resources in using Medicaid claims data as well as other state data sources to answer research questions of interest to the stat
- Manage the use of state data sources for independent research by faculty, staff, and students at West Virginia University
- Ensure that data analytic and research/evaluation activities are compliant with University-level policies for the responsible conduct of research as well as federal, and state policies.
- Provides consultation to faculty and government partners regarding preparation of research proposals, design and methodology, data analytics and interpretation of results
- Conduct or direct special projects as assigned.
- Act in other matters and capacities as delegated by leadership within the Office of Health Affairs
- PhD in health or data science-related field; or equivalent amount of combined education and work experience.
- Two (2) years experience
- Record of research and achievement in health outcomes and policy research (health services research, public health informatics, health policy, clinical outcomes) as evidenced by publications and / or sustained involvement in a research program.
- Experience conducting research/evaluation using large administrative claims data sources within the healthcare industry or academic or governmental sectors
- Experience training and managing other data analysts
- Extensive knowledge and experience in utilizing large administrative claims databases for research, program evaluation, and policy development.
- Experience training others in how to analyze administrative claims data using SAS or other statistical package
- Proficiency in the use of standard statistical analysis packages such as SAS or
- Ability to project and maintain a positive and collaborative attitude
- Record of accomplishments in the area of health data analytics.
- Experience managing other data analyst
- Strong ability to communicate goals, methods, and results of research initiatives with key stakeholders
- Proficiency presenting the results of data analyses to diverse groups of stakeholders
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel
At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at http://hr.wvu.edu/.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer, and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: Dec 10, 2020
Posting Classification: FE/AP
Exemption Status: Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Clipped from: https://www.glassdoor.com/job-listing/medicaid-claims-data-specialist-research-associate-health-affairs-careers-west-virginia-university-JV_IC1143753_KO0,65_KE66,98.htm?jl=3768151460&utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic