BerryDunn is seeking a Consultant for BerryDunn’s Medicaid Practice Group within our Government Consulting Team. As part of our consulting team focused on state Medicaid agency clients, you will leverage problem-solving skills and develop project management skills to help Medicaid agencies improve the health and lives of individuals. You will be the success partner for Medicaid agencies in building healthier communities and stronger futures.
You will be remotely based, ideally close to our team and client in Charleston, West Virginia. Your initial focus will be helping coordinate project activities for our West Virginia client. You will report to and partner with senior management in our Medicaid team both for client work and career development. With a growth mindset, you will drive your development with the support of a learning and development culture.
Travel Expectations: approximately 50% travel is anticipated for future projects
- Partner with more experienced consultants to build relationships with project team members, including client contacts, stakeholders, and vendor contacts.
- Gain an understanding of project management by helping to coordinate project activities such as developing and maintaining schedules, coordinating and participating in meetings, tracking and maintaining project information such as action items and issues, and developing client deliverables such as presentations and consulting reports.
- Gain an understanding of Medicaid by researching relevant topics to support Medicaid clients and synthesizing information into client deliverables.
- As part of a firm that emphasizes lifelong learning, you will develop your own career plan and partner with more experienced BerryDunn team members to achieve your goals.
- Bachelor’s degree or years of experience in substitution for a degree
- Internship or full-time experience in a professional work setting
- Written, verbal, and relationship-building skills
- Analytic, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
BerryDunn collects our employee’s COVID-19 vaccination status, so that we can comply with client and public health requirements and recommendations as necessary.
We value our employees and offer a variety of attractive benefits, in addition to being part of a high-powered, effective team! Here are just a few of our attractive benefits:
- Health, Dental, Rx and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA); Employer contribution
- Responsible Paid-Time-Off policy, including Paid Family Leave
- 401(K) profit sharing plan with employer match after one year
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Care Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement, Continuing Professional Education, and CPA Exam
- Wellness Programs
- Mentor Programs
BerryDunn is a CPA and Management Consulting firm with over 700 employees throughout the country that provide a full range of services including Management and IT Consulting, Health Analytics/Actuarial Consulting, Audit, Accounting, and Tax. We are headquartered in Portland, Maine, with offices in Arizona, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and West Virginia. BerryDunn has maintained steady growth over its 40+ year history, and the firm is regularly named to national “Top 100” lists, including recent recognition for being a “fastest-growing” firm. We partner with clients across the United States and Canada, and we attribute our growth to attracting, developing, and retaining outstanding employees who help our clients create, grow, and protect value.