You’re looking for something bigger for your career. How about inventing the future of health care? UnitedHealthcare is offering an innovative new standard for care management. We’re going beyond counseling services and verified referrals to behavioral health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Our growth is fueling the need for highly qualified professionals to join our elite team. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you’ll have the opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale. Join us. Take this opportunity to start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
As a Behavioral Health Care Advocate you will be responsible for case management and utilization review of behavioral health and substance abuse cases. You’ll have a direct impact on the lives of our members as you recommend and manage the appropriate level of care throughout the entire treatment plan.
What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You can improve the health of others and help heal the health care system. You will work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you’ll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
This position is a telecommuting role. Candidates must have an active and unrestricted license in the state of Arizona and telecommute in Arizona. This is also a salaried role with daytime hours Monday through Friday.
If you are located in Arizona, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Focus on review of concurrent facility based care
- Determine if additional care is needed
- Administer benefits and review treatment plans
- Coordinate benefits and transitions between various areas of care
- Identify ways to add value to treatment plans and consulting with facility staff or outpatient care providers on those ideas
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Licensed Master’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or Marriage or Family Counseling, or Licensed Ph.D., or an RN with 2 or more years of experience in behavioral health
- Must have an active and unrestricted license for the State of Arizona and telecommute in Arizona
- 2+ years of post-Masters experience in a related mental health environment
- Clinical experience working with child/adolescent populations
- Proficient Microsoft skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Inpatient experience
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Experience working with the Medicaid population
- Experience working in an environment that required coordination of benefits and utilization of multiple groups and resources for patients
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
- All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Mental Health, Behavioral Health, Care Advocate, Social Work, Social Worker, Counseling, LPC, LCPC, LCSW, LMHC, RN, Registered Nurse, Masters, Substance Abuse, Arizona, Phoenix
Clipped from: https://helponebillion.com/job/278a7a47be14d4781d291e3e7038daf6/Behavioral-Care-Advocate-Medicaid-Telecommute-in-Arizona?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic