Babylon Health is seeking a Social Worker to join the population health team in New York. We are looking for an experienced individual to help serve the communities that we have a presence in by assisting people that are affected by issues such as neglect, child abuse, domestic violence, mental health and parental substance abuse.
This is a Managed Medicaid contract and you will connect with your patients to assist in improving their health, better understand their illness, and coordinate their care.
This position is currently remote but, as public health guidelines evolve, may require occasional travel within your region.
You will be scheduled for shifts Monday to Friday from 8 AM – 5PM and 9 AM – 6PM (1 hour for lunch)
WHAT YOU’LL WORK ON
- You will be in charge of assessing clients and gathering relevant information about their cases, providing crisis intervention, and contacting and making referrals to other agencies and services.
- As a member of a team of nurses, community health workers, registered dietitians, physicians, pharmacists, and program coordinators, you will have the opportunity to make a profound impact on the lives of people living with complex and/ or chronic conditions.
- This Social Worker will connect with the patients remotely, over the phone, or in person at appropriate locations approved by the Company
- Documents clinical interventions and activities in patient’s clinical record and ensures appropriate hand off when transferring of patient care to ensure medical necessity and effectiveness
- Ensures patients are progressing towards desired outcomes by continuously monitoring patient care through assessments and/or evaluations.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Master’s degree in Social Work
- NY Licensed Social Worker (LMSW)
- While we’re more concerned with impact than years of experience, we’re targeting at least 5 years experience as a social worker and at least a few years working with Medicaid/Medicare/Vulnerable Populations
- Proficiency with navigating multiple software systems and different technologies
WHAT WE OFFER
- Annual base salary. The compensation range for this role will be shared during the early interview stages.
- 4 weeks’ paid vacation
- 401k’ with employer matching contribution
- Benefits include bonus, medical insurance, vision, and dental coverage
- Incredible growth opportunities with a global health tech startup with a meaningful mission
WHAT WE OFFER
Whether you work in one of our amazing offices or a distributed team, Babylon is highly collaborative and fun! You’ll have a chance to work in a fast-paced environment with experienced industry leaders. We have a learning environment where you can make an impact.
WHO WE ARE
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant. To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us. We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
DIVERSITY AT BABYLON
We believe that difference inspires a better, healthier world. That’s why it’s at the heart of everything we do. From our people to our products, difference enriches every part of our business and creates a culture based on equality of opportunity, and in which all Babylonians can progress their careers. We’re committed to creating an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, pregnancy status, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Clipped from: https://jobs.lever.co/babylonhealth/3735b1e5-3b02-4c7c-b8f7-da69f9e223c6?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic