This position is located in the Department of Health & Human Services, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight (CCIIO), Consumer Support Group (CSG).As a Supervisory Health Insurance Specialist, GS-0107-14, you will responsible for leading, coordinating and developing program, policy in the area of Marketplace enrollment assistance, Marketplace Navigators, budget, procurement, staff and administrative functions for the DAP. Learn more about this agency
Provides strategic, long-range business planning for the implementation and operations of Marketplace in-person enrollment assistance, including the Navigator program. Performs gap analysis and develops cross-component business plans to assure all Affordable Care Act (ACA)-related requirements are addressed and in production in accordance with key implementation project deadlines. Assists in directing issues such as budget formulation, procurements, and other high profile issues in the area of ACA-related programs. Provides leadership and direction for constructive communication and effective collaboration with our partners, such as the health care industry, other government entities, and consumer advocacy groups. Assigns work to subordinates based on priorities; selective consideration of the difficulty and requirements of assignments, and the capabilities of employees.
Travel Required Occasional travel
- You may be expected to travel 10% for this position.Supervisory status
Yes Promotion Potential
Job family (Series)
0107 Health Insurance Administration
Help Requirements Conditions of Employment
You must be a U.S. Citizen or National to apply for this position. You will be subject to a background and suitability investigation. Time-in-Grade restrictions apply.
ALL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET WITHIN 30 DAYS OF THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT.Your resume must include detailed information as it relates to the responsibilities and specialized experience for this position. Evidence of copying and pasting directly from the vacancy announcement without clearly documenting supplemental information to describe your experience will result in an ineligible rating. This will prevent you from receiving further consideration.In order to qualify for the GS-14, you must meet the following: You must demonstrate in your resume at least one year (52 weeks) of qualifying specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal government, obtained in either the private or public sector, to include:1) Developing implementation plans for Marketplace in-person enrollment assistance programs(i.e., Navigator and Certified Application Counselor programs);2) Overseeing Marketplace in-person enrollment assistance program policy and operations;3) Overseeing the work of subordinate employees or team members; and4) Providing oversight of contractors that support Marketplace in-person enrollment assistance programs, including the Navigators and Certified Application Counselor programs..Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.Time-in-Grade: To be eligible, current or former Federal employees and current or former Federal employees applying under the VEOA eligibility who hold or have held a permanent General Schedule position in the previous year must have served at least 52 weeks (one year) at the next lower grade level from the position/grade level(s) to which they are applying.Click the following link to view the occupational questionnaire: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/11099796 Education
This job does not have an education qualification requirement. Additional informationBargaining Unit Position: NoTour of Duty: FlexibleRecruitment/Relocation Incentive: Not AuthorizedFinancial Disclosure: Not RequiredFull-Time Telework Program for CMS Employees: CMS employees currently participating in 100% Full-Time Telework Program may be eligible to remain in the program. If an employee in this program is selected, the pay will be set in accordance with the locality pay for the applicable duty station. The listed salary range reflects the locality pay assigned to the duty location(s) listed in the vacancy announcement. For more information about pay based on locality, please visit the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Salaries & Wages Page.Additional Forms REQUIRED Prior to Appointment:Optional Form 306, Declaration of Federal Employment and the Background/Suitability Investigation
- A background and suitability investigation will be required for all selectees. Appointment will be subject to the successful completion of the investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. If selected, the Optional Form 306 will be required prior to final job offer. Click here to obtain a copy of the Optional Form 30
- Form I-9, Employment Verification and the Electronic Eligibility Verification Program
- CMS participates in the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify helps employers determine employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their Social Security numbers. If selected, the Form I-9 will be required at the time of in-processing. Click here for more information about E-Verify and to obtain a copy of the Form I-
- Standard Form 61, Appointment Affidavits
- If selected, the Standard Form 61 will be required at the time of in-processing. Click here to obtain a copy of the Standard Form
- The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) and Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) provide eligible displaced federal employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. To be qualified you must submit the required documentation and be rated well-qualified for this vacancy. Click here for a detailed description of the required supporting documents. A well-qualified applicant is one whose knowledge, skills and abilities clearly exceed the minimum qualification requirements of the position. Additional information about ICTAP and CTAP eligibility is on OPM’s Career Transition Resources website at www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp.If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be EvaluatedYou will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Additional selections may be made for similar positions across the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) within the local commuting area(s) of the location identified in this announcement. By applying, you agree to have your application shared with any interested selecting official(s) at HHS. Clearance of CTAP/ICTAP will be applied for similar positions across HHS.Once the announcement has closed, your online application, resume, transcripts and CMS required documents will be used to determine if you meet eligibility and qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):Building Coalitions/CommunicationsBusiness AcumenLeading PeopleManaging ChangeResults DrivenRead more
Background checks and security clearanceSecurity clearance
Not Required Drug test required
No Position sensitivity and risk
Moderate Risk (MR) Trust determination process
Help Required DocumentsThe following documents are REQUIRED:
- Resume showing relevant experience; cover letter optional. Your resume must indicate your citizenship and if you are registered for Selective Service if you are a male born after 12/31/
- Your resume must also list your work experience and education (if applicable) including the start and end dates (mm/yyyy) of each employment along with the number of hours worked per week. For work in the Federal service, you must include the series and grade level for the position(s). Your resume will be used to validate your responses to the assessment tool(s). For resume and application tips visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/faq/application/documents/resume/what-to-include/
- CMS Required Documents (e.g., SF-50, DD-214, SF-15, etc.). Required documents may be necessary to be considered for this vacancy announcement. Click here for a detailed description of the required documents. Failure to provide the required documentation WILL result in an ineligible rating OR non-consideration.PLEASE NOTE: A complete application package includes the online application, resume, transcripts and CMS required documents. Please carefully review the full job announcement to include the “Required Documents” and “How to Apply” sections. Failure to submit the online application, resume, transcripts and CMS required documents, will result in you not being considered for employment.
Help BenefitsA career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new windowLearn more about federal benefits. Review our benefits Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
Clipped from: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/supervisory-health-insurance-specialist-at-centers-for-medicare-medicaid-services-2534538824/?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic