Clipped from: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/supervisory-health-insurance-specialist-at-centers-for-medicare-medicaid-services-3436495899/?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic
- Directs the work of a diverse staff of employees who develop business, technical and system requirements and manage information systems to operationalize Part B and Part D drug negotiation and inflation rebates.
- Manages and directs the development of processes and systems to collect manufacturer agreements and manufacturer data and to support the inflation rebate and negotiation processes.
- Manages the development of and review of technical briefing papers, talking points, testimony drafts, and presentations
- Represents the division in consultations in consultations with the local, state, and U.S. government officials, and the public regarding system requirements to operationalize Part B and Part D drug negotiations.
- Attend meetings and conferences with CMS staff and serve as a source of background data on the basis of research performed in preparation for the meetings and conferences.
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or National to apply for this position.
- You will be subject to a background and suitability investigation.
- This is a remote position; however, the position reports to a CMS Office on a periodic basis. Requirements to report to the office will vary and can be discussed at the time of interview.
ALL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET BY THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT.
Your resume must include detailed information as it relates to the responsibilities and specialized experience for this position. Evidence of copying and pasting directly from the vacancy announcement without clearly documenting supplemental information to describe your experience will result in an ineligible rating. This will prevent you from receiving further consideration.
In order to qualify for the GS-15, you must meet the following: You must demonstrate in your resume at least one year (52 weeks) of qualifying specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 grade level in the Federal government, obtained in either the private or public sector, to include: (1) Directing or leading the development of business requirements for data management systems; (2) Directing or leading the development of policies, regulations, or procedures for health care programs; and (3) Overseeing the work of subordinate employees or team members.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Click The Following Link To View The Occupational Questionnaire
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
Bargaining Unit Position: No
Tour of Duty: Flexible
Recruitment/Relocation Incentive: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure: Not required
This position will be in direct support of the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022. This Act increases healthcare spending by nearly $100 billion, mainly by extending the American Rescue Plan’s temporarily-expanded Affordable Care Act (ACA) premium tax credits for an additional three years, through 2025. The bill will also allow Medicare to negotiate prescription drug prices, implement improvements to Medicare Part D including a benefit redesign and new manufacturer discount program, impose inflation rebates for Part B and Part D drugs, and other miscellaneous changes in Part B and Part D to improve the affordability of prescription drugs.
To ensure compliance with an applicable preliminary nationwide injunction, which may be supplemented, modified, or vacated, depending on the course of ongoing litigation, the Federal Government will take no action to implement or enforce Executive Order 14043 Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Federal Employees. Therefore, to the extent a federal job announcement includes the requirement to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 pursuant to Executive Order 14043, that requirement does not currently apply. Positions with vaccination requirements under authority(ies) separate and distinct from Executive Order 14043 will be clearly identified. HHS may continue to require documentation of proof of vaccination to ensure compliance with those policies. Health and safety protocols remain in effect, in accordance with CDC guidance and the Safer Federal Workforce Task force. Consistent with current guidance, workplace safety protocols will no longer vary based on vaccination status or otherwise depend on the availability of vaccination information. Therefore, to the extent a job announcement states that HHS may request information regarding the vaccination status of selected applicants for the purposes of implementing workplace safety protocols, this statement does not currently apply.
Remote-Out Positions at CMS: This is a remote position; however, the position reports to a CMS Office on a periodic basis (e.g. 1-2 times per year). Requirements to report to the office will vary and can be discussed at the time of interview. As such, your pay will be based on your home address. For more information on locality and pay scales, please
The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) and Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) provide eligible displaced federal employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. To be qualified you must submit the required documentation and be rated well-qualified for this vacancy.
- A career with the U.S. government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.