Strategic Market Director, Medicaid – Blue Ridge Mountain Territory – Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems Inc.
Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems Inc. (Strategic Customer Group) is recruiting for a Strategic Market Director, Regional and Government Accounts – Medicaid, covering PA, DC, KY, VA, MD, and WV. This is a field-based role; residing in one of the covered states is preferred.
Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems Inc., Strategic Customer Group, provides account management and customer support services to key health care customers, including leading health plans, pharmacy benefit managers, and government health care institutions. The company also provides contract management, logistics and supply chain functions for the major Johnson & Johnson franchises.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, provide medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas. Our goal is to help people live healthy lives. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market – from patients to practitioners, from clinics to hospitals. For more about the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit: http://www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
- Establish, maintain and enhance product access through optimal formulary positions, drive sales growth by leading local market selling and pull through and optimizing price through sound negotiating strategies for the pharmaceutical products in Neuroscience, Infectious Disease, Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension, and support for products as needed in Immunology, Oncology, and Cardiovascular therapeutic areas.
- Negotiate terms and conditions of contracts, providing access for products using clinical and economic value propositions, as well as marketing resources, to obtain favorable access.
- Navigate the complex payer marketplace and works to achieve maximum account penetration to increase scope and areas of influence within assigned National or Regional Accounts which may include health plans, state or local governments, physician medical groups or other payer organizations.
- Complete customer calls and meets with assigned accounts to further advance Janssen Pharmaceutical product status, accessibility, and use, as required.
- Set appointments and presents technical information in group presentations and one-one interactions.
- Collaborate regularly with other Strategic Market Directors, National Account Directors, Region Business Directors, Division Managers and other J&J partners to ensure open lines of communication and synergistic efforts within the accounts.
- The individual will interact with RWV & E (Real World Value and Evidence) MSL’s (Medical Science Liaisons) to utilize their expertise and support with customer accounts.
- Collaborate with Brand, Finance, Compliance, Legal, and Pricing Strategy to provide account information and influence product decision-making in favor of their strategies.
- Provide leadership and suggested direction to the account team, identifying opportunities for share growth and seeks to develop Regional synergies that both enhance the Company position and result in National impact.
- Interact as appropriate with field sales management to develop local pull through strategies and ensure growth is maximized within the assigned geographies.
- Accountable to develop customer specific account strategies to capitalize on new business opportunities across all assigned product lines.
- Serve as the voice of the customer and collaborates with internal partners such as Brand, Contracting, and Finance to incorporate their concerns and interests into brand strategy.
- Serve as a resource in the role of expert to all internal partners on the business models and trends of payers and as the local market expert on reimbursement and access within their assigned geographies.
- Responsibilities must be carried out with strict adherence to Janssen Compliance guidelines.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required
- A minimum of six (6) years’ healthcare industry experience is required
- A minimum of three (3) years of sales, marketing, contracting or related experience is required
- A minimum of two (2) years of pharmaceutical, medical/surgical or device sales management experience is preferred
- Payer experience is preferred
- Experience working in channels such as large payers, national and regional health plans, state and local governments, PBM’s, SPP’s and Physician Medical Groups is preferred
- Prior account management experience or experience with health plans is preferred
- Prior experience with Director and Senior Level Health Plan Executives within the assigned geographical area is preferred
- Knowledge of formulary processes, contractual negotiations and implementation, and healthcare industry trends is required
- The ability to understand multiple disease states, therapeutic areas, clinical and pharmacoeconomic data as it relates to the assigned product areas is required
- This position requires the ability to regularly use discretion and judgment and to establish an effective work schedule that accommodates frequent disruptions to routines and flexible work hours in accomplishing objectives
- This position requires travel (up to 30% domestic) based on candidate location including required meetings and training, and some overnights
- This position is a field based position, covering customers in PA, DC, KY, VA, MD, and WV. The ideal candidate will reside one of the assigned states.
- Candidates must possess a valid driver’s license issued in the United States and must successfully complete a background investigation, to include a review of your driving record history
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
North America-United States-District of Columbia, North America-United States-Kentucky, North America-United States-Maryland, North America-United States-Virginia, North America-United States-West Virginia
Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems Inc. (6077)
Clipped from: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/strategic-market-director-medicaid-blue-ridge-mountain-territory-johnson-johnson-health-care-systems-inc-at-johnson-johnson-2935683166/?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic