The New Jersey Office of the State Comptroller (OSC) is an independent office created to bring greater efficiency and transparency to the operation of all levels of New Jersey government. The Office of the State Comptroller seeks a Statistician to work in the Statistics Unit for the Medicaid Fraud Division.
The primary responsibility of this unit is to select random samples from Medicaid claims data for auditors and investigators, to analyze and validate the results of the audits and investigations, and to perform extrapolations that determine final overpayment amounts for recovery. Additionally, this unit is
responsible for maintaining and improving the sampling and extrapolation policy, as well as defending any and all challenges that arise during cases.
* Set up and run reports as requested by the other units within the Medicaid Fraud Division.
* Select valid samples and perform extrapolations using appropriate internal protocols.
* Peer review work of other statisticians.
* As needed, assist in defending challenges to sampling and extrapolation used.
* Conduct research into sampling and extrapolation techniques utilized by federal and state entities.
* Help maintain, update and improve sampling and extrapolation policies and procedures.
* Track all case outcomes and provide monthly updates.
* Perform additional tasks necessary to validate and support MFD work product.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics from an accredited college or university; Master’s degree in Statistics may be substitute for one (1) year of experience.
* Experience involving the review and analysis of complex data sets, the selection of random samples, and the extrapolation of sample results.
* Advanced abilities using statistics software (R) and Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Access).
* Excellent communication and writing skills.
* Capable of learning advanced concepts and applying them while working independently.
* Highly adaptable, flexible, and able to collaborate with all levels of staff.
* Detail-oriented to complete job responsibilities in accordance with specifications.
* Strong organizational skills to meet deadlines.
Candidates may be administered a skills test (in R and Excel) at or prior to interview.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample and three (3) references to:
Office of the State Comptroller
P.O. Box 024
Trenton, NJ 08625
Only candidates who send their cover letter, resume, writing sample and references to the address or e-mail above will be considered.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY THROUGH THE EASY APPLY OPTION.RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT
RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT: Pursuant to N.J.S.A. 52:14-7 (L. 2011, Chapter 70), also known as the New Jersey First Act, all new public employees are required to obtain principal residence in the State of New Jersey within one (1) year of employment.
New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Clipped from: https://jobs.cbs4indy.com/jobs/statistician-medicaid-fraud-division-trenton-new-jersey/625571906-2/?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic