Mercer is seeking candidates for the following position. Candidates can be based in the Phoenix, Minneapolis, Atlanta office or remote:
Sr. Government Health Actuary Consultant
What can you expect?
- Be a part of the team that leverages our knowledge and expertise to help states manage the challenges and complexities of the health care world
- Work alongside passionate, critical-thinking colleagues to assist government-sponsored programs in becoming more efficient purchasers of health services
- Be on the cutting edge of health care reform. We partner with states and the Federal government on implementing a wide variety of health care and human services issues, including actuarial, data/systems analysis, clinical, policy, pharmacy, operations, and procurement
- Beyond the in-depth training provided, new employees are included on client teams immediately, providing unique opportunities to learn more while helping team members with critical workloads and making a difference to our clients
- As part of Mercer, the Government Human Services Consulting team offers its expertise within a small business atmosphere
What’s in it for you?
- Be a part of the team that has the world’s largest and most influential benefits brokerage and consulting capabilities
- Our competitive programs, entrepreneurial spirit and team-oriented culture offer a richly rewarding and exciting environment where you can excel and achieve your professional goals
- We run many social and new-hire events, outings, and employee networks, having fun in the work you do comes from being a part of a client team and contributing to its success
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Work with client and Mercer’s H&B Government Project Managers to clearly define the scope, timelines and deliverable(s) of the project; ensure development and proposes essential project documents, including the budget and work plans
- Provide oversight of actuarial work and guidance in developing the data model for the project
- Review data modeling, data assumptions and analysis results for actuarial soundness
- Collaborate with client team and project team to finalize rates; educate and consult with client on the impact of their policies on the data and rates; act as actuarial authority that signs and certifies rate capitation letters
- Manage the relationship with the key client stakeholders and oversee client engagements including: overseeing multiple project managers; ensuring the team is within budget, on time and producing work consistent with the scope of work; ensuring communication with client, project team and senior client leader
- Define the strategy for and leads the RFP process; develop cost proposal; evaluate conversion/recovery/ aspects of RFP; evaluate risk and manage RFP through Mercer internal legal and executive approval process
- Have full authority for the following people management responsibilities: assigning, directing, and evaluating work; conducting performance evaluations, progressive counseling and career development discussions; and ensuring appropriate orientation and on-going education/training
What you need to have:
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum 12 years of relevant experience required
- Medicaid background and experience
- Actuarial credentials (ASA, FSA) required
What makes you stand out?
- Excellent project management and interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent project management, presentation and interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
This role is not eligible to be performed remotely from Colorado.
To learn more about Mercer’s GHSC practice, please visit www.mercer-government.mercer.com
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer’s more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.me.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.