The Senior Enrollment Medicaid Specialist will be the first source of job-related information and will support and assist with tasks/training relating to Integrated Products (IP), Management Services Organizations (MSO), Marketing Specialists and the PHSP lines of business within enrollment and retention. This includes, but is not limited to train/teach product, process and policy information at the onset of the hiring process as well as on a continuous basis. Being proficient in their ability to communicate with impact, apply critical thinking and possess leadership skills. The Senior Enrollment Medicaid Specialist will act as a role model and provide continuous coaching and feedback to the team. They will also assist and work closely with the Quality Performance Team in monitoring the quality of application submitted, track enrollment performance behaviors, identify areas for improvement and recommend to the proper Management Team. Senior Enrollment Medicaid Specialist will develop talent by identifying the Specialist strengths and suggest them for project work.
- Interprets product, procedural and regulatory information, and assists with the development of training curricula to provide field staff with available services
- Administer new hire training and refresher training to the Marketing Specialists, Relationship Coordinators, and Enrollment Medicaid Specialist teams
- Participates in the development, implementation, and updates provided by Healthfirst to ensure departmental compliance
- Due to the nature of additional responsibility, their home visits will be substantially lower than any of the other Enrollment Medicaid Specialists but will be required to make visits when needed
- Provide expertise and customer service support to the teams and consumers.
- Conduct observational field visits and provide guidance and support to the teams
- Aids in increasing individual and team effectiveness by creating and distributing training resources, learning aids and process documentation to learners
- Prepares and maintains reports/records on training program attendance and programs offered
- Participates in any training-related projects as scheduled or otherwise directed by the Director of Training and is expected to provide viable input for all projects and ensure that all assignments are completed with quality and accuracy
- Serve as the subject matter expert in all services offered
- Liaison between Local Department of Social Services, New York Medicaid Choice, and internal department
- Assist in the scheduling of staff for training
- Must have excellent listening, as well as written and oral communication skills
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and professional attitude
- Associate’s Degree
- Proficiency in navigating the Internet and multitasking with multiple software/electronic documentation systems simultaneously
- Excellent written communication and the ability to document grammatically correct notes and correspondence
- Ability to be independent in making sound decisions and proactive in identifying and implementing process improvements
- Aptitude for using a fast-paced proactive vs. reactive approach, maneuvering multiple tasks simultaneously including seamlessly changing priorities
- Establish credibility and trust along with positive and affable working relationships with internal and external clients
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disability Act or a similar law and want a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to careers@Healthfirst.org or calling 212-519-1798 . In your email please include a description of the accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a position within Healthfirst Management Services will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Healthfirst Management Services.
All hiring and recruitment at Healthfirst is transacted with a valid “@healthfirst.org” email address only or from a recruitment firm representing our Company. Any recruitment firm representing Healthfirst will readily provide you with the name and contact information of the recruiting professional representing the opportunity you are inquiring about. If you receive a communication from a sender whose domain is not @healthfirst.org, or not one of our recruitment partners, please be aware that those communications are not coming from or authorized by Healthfirst. Healthfirst will never ask you for money during the recruitment or onboarding process.